- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
Doing things in a big way! This must have been the motto of Formula’s engineers when developing the R1 Racing disc brake for CC-Race use, as they have digged deep in the box with precious materials. High-quality forged and polished aluminium meets titanium fixing screws and Kevlar reinforced high-pressure brake hoses. This results in a high-performance brake, which is not only extremely lightweight with just about 267 grams, yet also powerful and rigid enough that is can be used even for all-mountain and enduro riding. This is made possible by a one-piece forged aluminium brake caliper with 22 mm piston diameter and a pull-style PPT master cylinder for reduced internal friction and more stability in the brake lever. What’s more, the Formula R1R with its noble finish is the perfect eye-catcher on every well-specced mountain bike.
• For front or rear wheel
• Intended use: Race, Cross-Country, Trail, All-Mountain
• Fully hydraulic 2-piston disc brake
• One-piece Postmount calliper with 22 mm pistonØ
• Pull-style PPT master cylinder (Pull Piston Technology)
• Brake caliper and lever housing made from forged and anodised aluminium
• Brake lever for right/left-hand mounting (flip-flop design)
• djustable lever reach
• Easy access to bleeding screws
• Kevlar-reinforced brake hose
• Titanium bolts
• ECT (Enhanced Caliper Technology): increased piston retraction for easy mounting
• Compatible with FCS (Feeling Control System) (optional)
• Compatible with Speedlock (optional)
• Compatible with MixMaster (optional)
• Brake fluid: DOT 4
• Brake pads: organic on aluminium carrier
• Hose length: approx. 1750 mm (can be cut to length)
• Weight: approx. 267 g (85 cm hose, 160 mm brake disc + screws)
Recommended brake rotor:
• Formula brake disc 6-bolt (product code: 1148787).
For the appropriate bleeding kit see product code: 364508.
In the box:
1x disc brake for the front or rear wheel with brake lever, brake calliper and brake hose filled ready for installation and bled, mounting kit.
WITHOUT brake discs and WITHOUT adapters!
- Manufacturer`s ref.: