It is thanks to the LinEair spring concept with a larger negative air chamber and the upgraded seal that the Cane Creek Double Barrel Air IL Inline rear shock features greater reliability. Despite an unparalleled range of rebound and compression adjustability and the Climb Switch technology that eliminates pedal-bob, the DBAIR is designed for enhanced reliability and performance.
The redesigned oil seal head of the Double Barrel shock for bikes with a travel of 100 to 160 mm uses a rubber seal that is far more resistant to heat and thus guarantees great performance on long descents. To protect from pressure loss, the air piston comes with an extremely wear-resistant, self-lubricating seal.
As it requires a lower force to active and provides gentle damping during mid-stroke and high-end progression to avoid bottoming out, the responsive shock is an impressive suspension element with a progressive air spring curve.
· High-end Inline air shock with Climb Switch
· Intended use: XC, Trail, All-Mountain, Enduro
· Suspension: air, with positive and negative chamber
· Oil sealing ring made of high-performance synthetic rubber material
· Self-adjusting negative air spring
· Twin Tube Technology without expansion chamber
· Independent 4-way adjustment of high- and low-speed compression and rebound
· Damping: Double Barrel Twin Tube Technology with separate rebound and compression adjustment
· 2 high-speed and 4 low-speed damping circuits
· Adjustments: air pressure, high-speed compression, low-speed compression, high-speed rebound, low-speed rebound, Climb Switch (on/off)
· Handlebar remote optionally available
· Climb Switch (CS) activation via lever
· Air valve position adjustable through 360° (Outer-Can)
· Air volume adjustable with spacers
· Adjustment with 3 mm hex wrench
· LinEair spring
· Low-friction, durable IGUS bushings
· Axle: 1/2“
· Material: aluminium
· Weight: approx. 335 g (165 x 38 mm)