- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
High-quality materials and a low weight for lively acceleration!
The DT Swiss XR 1700 Spline® 25 system wheel was developed to meet the high demands of modern cross-country riders.
If cross-country means more to you than some laps after work and the occasional marathon, then the XR 1700 rear wheel is made for you. The lightweight, welded aluminium rim with an internal width of 25 mm, the reliable Ratchet SL freewheel system, the build quality of the high-quality DT Swiss 350 Spline® hub and the robust competition® spokes testify to the Swiss precision.
The XR 1700 Spline® 25 is a wheel that you can rely on every day of the week - whether you're racing against yourself, your mates or the competition.
• RATCHET SL:
With the Ratchet SL freewheel system from DT Swiss, the designation "SL" (Super Light) means that the ratchets are lighter than those of the classic DT Ratchet System, thanks to additional machining. Depending on the equipment, the ratchets of the Ratchet System hubs have an engagement angle between 6.7° and 20°. The system stands out for high reliability thanks to the simultaneous meshing of the teeth, which leads to significantly lower point loads. The no-tool concept allows easy maintenance and tool-free conversion to common axle and freehub body standards.
All DT Swiss wheels are tubeless ready. The profiles of the DT Swiss rims are specially designed for tubeless use. The rim profile makes it easier to fit the right tyre and ensures a perfect fit. The tubeless system of the rim consists of DT Swiss tubeless ready tape for sealing and a DT Swiss tubeless valve in a length that complies with the rim. When using tubeless ready tyres, a compatible sealant must be used. However, it is also possible to use a conventional combination of tyre and inner tube.
Having learned from years of experience, DT Swiss only uses durable cartridge bearings without bearing play adjustment. DT Swiss hubs are designed to have the optimum axial and radial bearing play when they are properly installed. The correct preload of the bearings to compensate for the clamping force of the wheel mounting system is the basis for a play-free hub with minimum friction.
• PRO LOCK®:
DT Pro Lock® prevents the spoke-nipple connection from loosening. In the Pro Lock® process, a special dual component adhesive is injected into the nipple thread, allowing for extremely durable wheel builds. By threading the nipple onto the spoke the adhesive is activated and then hardens completely within a few hours. Re-truing the wheel is possible, yet it will cause a slight decrease in the adhesive power each time.
The PHR system (Pro Head Reinforcement) increases the load-bearing surface of the nipples on the rim and thus reduces localized stress. Load peaks are reduced, which allows DT Swiss to install lighter rims. The shape of the PHR washers also acts as a ball joint and automatically aligns the specific DT Squorx Pro Head ball nipples with the spoke, reducing the risk of spoke breakage or rim cracking.
• Wheel size: 29"
• Rim material: aluminium
• Rim type: clincher
• Brake type: disc brake
• Rim depth: 19.5 mm
• Rim width: 29 mm
• Inner rim width: 25 mm
• ETRTO: 25 - 622
• For Presta valve (Ø 6.5 mm)
• Tubeless ready
• Suitable for tyre widths: 1.5" - 3.0"
Spokes and nipples:
• Spoke type: DT Swiss competition® straightpull
• Number of spokes: 28 pieces
• Lacing: 3-cross
• Nipples: DT Swiss ProLock® Squorx ProHead aluminium
• 350, Spline®, 4 sealed cartridge bearings
• For disc brakes
• Aluminium freewheel and aluminium hub body
• CenterLock brake rotor mount (IS 6-bolt with adapter, e.g. prod. code: 2283716)
• Ratchet SL freewheel system, 36T (10° degree engagement)
• Rear axle: 12 x 142 mm (thru axle)
• Compatible with SHIMANO/SRAM 9-/10-speed road
• Compatible with Shimano/SRAM 9-/10-/11-speed MTB
• Weight: approx. 882 g
• ASTM classification: 3 (for rough off-road riding and jumps up to 24 in./61 cm)
• Max. system weight: 110 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
In the box:
• 1 DT Swiss XR 1700 Spline® 25 BOOST rear wheel SHIMANO HG
• 1 DT Swiss Tubeless-Ready Tape (rim tape, pre-mounted)
• 1 DT Swiss tubeless valve
- Material: carbon:
- Tubeless ready:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 12 x 142 mm
- Freehub body:
- Shimano/compatible with Shimano/SRAM