- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
With the Direto XR smart trainer, the Italian manufacturer Elite already presents the third generation of its successful Direto series. It is clear these trainers no longer belong to the mid-range, but to the high-end segment and have replaced the Drivo series as the brand’s poster child. The features and the performance data of the successor of the Direto X (prod. code 2294804) are truly impressive. It starts with the now pre-installed 11-speed cassette that will give you a true “out of the box” experience. As with the Elite Suito (prod. code 2294805), all you need to do is fold out the feet, plug in the mains adapter, attach your bike and go! Perfect to start your training session in as little as five minutes.
Besides this most striking feature, the Direto XR offers improvements in several more disciplines compared to its predecessor. The weight of the flywheel was increased by 900 grams to 5.1 kg to give you an even more realistic ride feel. What’s more, Elite has improved the electronically controlled magnetic brake, which can now simulate infernal inclines of up to 24 per cent – an increase of amazing 6 per cent. And the maximum power? Was also increased by 200 watts to 2300 watts. With this, the Direto XR can even bring professionals to their limits. Ambitious hobby cyclists will be happy about the improved ERG mode. Thanks to an optimised algorithm, it now allows for an even more precise cadence training with constant watt values.
The top features, which have made the Direto X so successful, remain of course for the Direto XR – for example the particularly silent direct drive, the precise power measurement with Optical Torque Sensor and the possibility for speed and cadence analysis. In addition to this, you can enjoy the unlimited interactive training possibilities that the multi radio protocol with ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth Smart offers in combination almost all standard apps available. And with the 12-month subscription to the Elite app My E-Training or the 1-month subscription to Zwift, you can even start your interactive training right away. Whatever your training looks like: The Elite Direto XR gives you the freedom to simulate your road training exactly on the rollers.
Ready for use, including cassette
The Direto XR comes with a practical plug&play configuration to guarantee a really easy and direct indoor riding experience right from the start. It is fully assembled and comes with a Shimano 105 (or equal) 11-speed cassette. You just have to install the bike and connect the trainer to a power source in order to start with your training. Thanks to a silent direct drive, you can fully concentrate on your training.
With power meter
The accuracy of the Direto XR’s data during training is guaranteed by the OTS (Optical Torque Sensor). This sensor is a built-in power meter, which allows you to measure your power in watts – with an accuracy of +/- 1.5 %.
Interactive incline simulation
The Direto XR is an interactive roller trainer and therefore varies the resistance automatically. It is able to simulate inclines of up to 24% and develops a power of 2300 watts at a speed of 40 km/h. With this Italian smart trainer, you will easily work up a sweat.
The Direto XR guarantees maximum compatibility with road bikes as well as with mountain bikes. Thanks to the improved housing geometry, it is possible to use rear derailleurs with long cage, too. With optional freehub bodies, you can also mount Campagnolo cassettes, SRAM XD/XDR cassettes and SHIMANO Micro Spline cassettes.
Interactivity in all disciplines
The Direto XR belongs to the new generation of interactive roller trainers ANT+™ FE-C & Bluetooth, which interact with apps, software, computers and peripheral devices (smartphone and tablet) of all kinds with IOS, Android, OSX and Windows. With just a few steps, you can set training routes or programmes and off you go! Your smart trainer varies the resistance automatically and ensures thus optimal training. The Direto XR can be controlled with the Elite software My E-Training (free access for 12 months) or other platforms for indoor cycling, including: Zwift, TrainerRoad, The Sufferfest, Bikevo, Kinomap and a lot more.
Detailed cadence analysis
With its detailed cadence analysis, the Direto XR is able to analyse difference in the watt power achieved with the right and left leg, detect dysbalances and counteract them effectively. Moreover, the trainer delivers accurate data on cadence, pedalling efficiency as well as on power and torque efficiency. The cadence analysis feature is available for a fee in the Elite software My E-Training.
• Interactive trainer with built-in OTS power meter (accuracy +/-1.5%)
• Speed and cadence measurement (protocols PWR (power), S&C (speed & cadence))
• Computer-controlled resistance via ANT+ FE-C (Fitness Equipment Control) or Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth Low Energy / BLE)
• Pre-installed SHIMANO 105 (or equivalent) 11-speed cassette (11 – 28)
• Side feet can be folded
• Handle for easy transport
• Bolt-on feet to balance ground unevenness
• Cable guide sleeves to prevent damage
• Light indicators for power supply, ANT+- and Bluetooth connection
• Long rear derailleur cage support
• Can be controlled via smartphone/tablet app (iOS, Android), bike computer, sports watch, Windows and Mac via ANT+ and Bluetooth
• Incl. wheel block to keep the front wheel at the correct height and hold it in place
• Drivetrain: Direct Drive (interactive)
• Resistance: electronically controlled magnetic brake
• Resistance levels: no levels
• Flywheel: 5.1 kg
• Max. simulated incline: 24 %
• Max. braking power: 1100 watts (at 20 km/h), 2300 watts (at 40 km/h)
• Possibility for firmware update: yes
• Dimensions (when folded): approx. 650 x 840 x 550 cm
• Dimensions (when folded): approx. 650 x 300 x 550 cm
• Weight: approx. 16.2 kg
• SHIMANO HG 8-/9-/10-/11-speed (MTB/Road)
• SRAM 8-/9-/10-speed (MTB/Road)
• SRAM 11-speed (only Road)
Rear axle compatibility:
• 130-135 x 5 mm quick release
• 142 x 12 mm thru axle
• For 20“-29“ wheels
• Wireless ANT+ (FE-C, power & speed & cadence)
• Bluetooth (FTMS, power & speed & cadence)
In the box:
• Elite Direto XR smart trainer with Shimano HG compatible freehub and 11-speed cassette
• Quick-release skewer
• Mains adapter
• Adapters for QR and thru axle attachment
• 2 spacers for cassette installation
• Free 12-month subscription to Elite app My E-Training
• Free 1-month subscription to ZWIFT app
• Front wheel block
Note: EU plug included. For using the device in the UK you need an adapter 2 pin Euro into 3 pin UK.
My E-Training App:
The Elite Direto X is compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart sensors. The Elite App My E-Training (free access for 12 months included) gives you full control over your training – choose the route or the training programme and the Direto XR will change the resistance accordingly. My E-Training includes: My RealVideo, Base Training, Training Test, Map Routing, Multiple User System, Video Playlist and Share Results. Besides, the app allows you to easily analyse data like power, cadence, speed, time and distance. Data is transferred via ANT+ (Fe-C) or Bluetooth. You can also use other apps that are compatible with Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ protocols, e.g. Zwift, Kinomap, Trainerroad, Bikevo, The Sufferfest or Bkool.
• My RealVideo: Train with RealVideos by Elite and download My RealVideos from other users for free
• Base Training: Training with constant power output, based on resistance levels and with preset programmes
• Training Test: Creates an individual, one-month indoor training programme based on an evaluation test
• Cadence analysis: Analyses your pedalling pattern during the complete crank revolution, in order to give you feedback about the efficiency and smoothness of your pedal stroke and show you potential for optimisation
• FTP and FTP Test: Creates a training plan based on the FTP value (Functional Threshold Power) tested before
• Map Routing: Creates routes in any part of the world based on Google Maps
• Record GPS: Records the GPS track during road training to make it available for your indoor training
• Multiple User System: The app can be used by multiple users on a single device
• Easy creation of training programmes: new graph editor to easily set new programmes
• Video Playlist: Creates a playlist with videos for your training session
• Share Results: You can save, export (CSV - Comma Separated Values, Strava Tcx format) and share all performance data in social networks to monitor your performance
• In Cloud Data: Stores training data in the cloud to make it available on different devices
- Mechanical control:
- Fluid resistance:
- Compatible with ANT+:
- Wireless control:
- Magnetic resistance:
- Manufacturer`s ref.: