- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
fi´zi:k Antares R5 Open Saddle
Price incl. VAT
plus €12.25 for delivery to United States of America
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
Bull, snake or chameleon – which saddle type are you?
With the Spine Concept, fi’zi:k has developed a system that takes into consideration the anatomic differences of cyclists and distiguishes between three types of riders. The Antares R5 Open is your saddle, if you consider yourself the “Chameleon” type: with a flexible central spine and a low pelvis rotation when in a performance riding position. The profile of the Antares is therefore slightly sloping with a little wider seat area. In this way, the pressure is distributed evenly over the contact points, the seat stabilises and the pelvic rotation is compensated. What’s more, the R5 Open comes with a central cutout to relieve the genital region and prevent discomfort caused by pressure.
The sporty racing saddle comes with a tight foam padding and a cover made from hard-wearing Microtex. Under the flexible saddle shell made from lightweight composite material, stable S-Alloy rails absorb shocks. The Antares is designed for road use, yet it can also be used on gravel bikes or cross country mountain bikes. It is available in a slim and a wider version. In this way, the individual distance between your sit bones is also taken into consideration to literally give you a tailor-made feel.
• Thinly padded road saddle for training and races
• Slightly sloping saddle profile
• Slightly flared seat area
• Full-length relief channel with central full-cut
• Flat, ischium-friendly rear section
• fi’zi:k Chameleon Series: perfect for cyclists with medium spine flexibility
• Two saddle widths to adapt to your sit bone distance
• With ICS saddle bag mount (Integrated Clip System)
• Material: S-Alloy (saddle rails); carbon reinforced polyamide (saddle shell); Comfort Foam micro foam (padding; Microtex (cover)
• Dimensions: approx. 275 x 141 mm (regular), 275 x 153 mm (large)
• Weight: approx. 241 g (regular), 248 g (large)
In the box:
• 1 x Fizik Antares R5 Open saddle
For cyclists with a highly flexible spine, the Arione R5 Open (prod. code 2296395) is a comparable Snake model. Riders with a spine with restricted flexibility should also have a look at the Bulls model Aliante R5 Open (prod. code 2296398).
- with cutout:
- Step saddle:
- Manufacturer`s ref.: