- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
More power, more function, more potential: With the Edge 540, GARMIN is introducing the latest addition to its popular 500 model series - and the proven concept of a fully featured GPS training computer with compact design and classic button operation works perfectly again this time.
With sophisticated training and navigation functions as well as pre-installed bike maps, the Edge 540 is your personal trainer and bike guide in one and will motivate you to new peak performances day after day. The Edge 540 is a further development of its successful predecessor Edge 530 and impresses with a longer battery life, higher GPS accuracy and numerous new training features. Train for up to 26 hours on a single charge and discover new routes with the preloaded, routable GARMIN bike map and map overlays for popular routes. Rely on your GPS signal even in difficult conditions thanks to multi-band GNSS and get details of upcoming climbs even without a loaded track with the new ClimbPro™.
Settings can now also be adjusted with the paired smartphone and synchronised in real time. In conjunction with external sensors, you can also look forward to advanced training tools such as Stamina or PowerGuide, with which you can optimally manage your distance and energy reserves. Daily training suggestions or reminders are also integrated into the Edge 540. Additional added value is provided by smart functions such as smartphone music control or automatic accident detection, which now also works off-road.
Those who prefer buttons to touch controls and value performance and slim dimensions will find the GARMIN Edge 540 an almost ideal training partner. Whether you’re a road racer, mountain biker, hobby cyclist, competitive athlete – or anything in between.
• DESIGN: Slim, lightweight design with always easy-to-read 2.6'' (66 mm) MIP display and reliable button operation.
• SUPERIOR BATTERY LIFE: Up to 26 hours of GPS battery life when paired with sensors and smartphone, plus active navigation – even up to 42 hours in power-saving mode. So you have enough power for multi-day tours.
• MULTI-FREQUENCY GNSS: High-precision route recording through multi-frequency reception of global satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou), even in narrow mountain valleys or urban canyons.
• CLIMBPRO™: You can now use the tried and tested ClimbPro function even without a previously loaded route to obtain valuable data on the gradient, distance and altitude metres of the climb and to manage your strength perfectly.
• SETTINGS VIA APP: Device settings – including data fields – are easy to make directly on the Edge or via smartphone in the Garmin Connect app with real-time synchronisation.
• POWER GUIDE*: The Power Guide function helps you to find a performance strategy for a route and its altitude profile in order to optimally manage your energy.
• CYCLING ABILITY AND ROUTE REQUIREMENTS: Learn more about your strengths as a cyclist and compare them with the demands of your planned route. That way you can better assess what you’re getting into.
• TRAINING PLANNING: Easy training plan synchronisation with Garmin Connect, TrainingPeaks® or TrainerRoad - even with a prompt to catch up on missed workouts. Alternatively, you can receive daily personalised training suggestions directly on the Edge – based on your current fitness* and possible upcoming events.
• PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS*: Control your training status, training load and load focus, altitude and heat acclimatisation as well as fluid and food intake.
• BIKE NAVIGATION: Use the extensive navigation functions with turn-by-turn navigation on the pre-installed Garmin bike map for all of West and Middle Europe. An optimised recalculation of the route based on the most popular roads and paths can be done directly on the device.
• ROUTE PLANNING: Routes can be planned directly on the device or in Garmin Connect and then synchronised. You can also set up automatic route synchronisation for many platforms such as Strava and Komoot.
• TRENDLINE™ POPULARITY MAP: The Trendline Popularity map overlay uses billions of kilometres from the Garmin Connect™ community to help you find the most popular routes for your bike category. You can display the heat map information directly on the map of your Edge.
• TRAILFORKS COMPATIBLE: As a Trailforks user, you have the option to install the Trailforks MTB map directly on your Edge 540.
Training and performance:
• MTB DYNAMICS: Grit, flow & jump analysis – the new MTB Dynamics provide all the data mountain bikers need to analyse jumps and descents. The “grit” value indicates the difficulty of a trail. The flow gives information about how fluid your riding style is.
• TURN-BY-TURN DIRECTIONS: Stay on the right track with turn-by-turn directions and alerts, and arrive reliably at your destination even on unfamiliar routes.
• BACK TO THE START: Get lost or want to start your way back early? With the Tracback® function you can easily find your way back to the starting point.
• NUTRITION AND HYDRATION ALERTS: So that you don't run out of energy on tours, notifications remind you to drink or eat something.
• REAL-TIME STAMINA*: The Stamina function tracks your wattage and heart rate (external sensors required) and shows you the available energy you have left during your physical training session. This helps you optimise energy consumption during your activity and avoid premature exhaustion.
• RECHARGE TIME: After each workout, the recovery time tells you when you are ready for your next activity.
Cycling safety and assistance:
• VARIA™ COMPATIBILITY: For more safety on the road, pair your Edge 540 with a GARMIN Varia radar. This allows you to detect vehicles from a distance of up to 140 metres and display them on the Edge display.
• ACCIDENT ALERT**: If an accident is detected, your paired smartphone sends a message with your current position to predefined emergency contacts.
• LIVETRACK FUNCTION**: Share your tour with friends and family. With Livetrack, they can follow your position at any time when your Edge is paired with a compatible smartphone.
• BIKE ALARM & FIND MY EDGE: Receive an alert on your smartphone if your bike is moved while you are away, or find the last position of your Edge if it is lost in a fall.
• INREACH COMPATIBLE***: Stay in touch with your friends even without mobile reception. Share your position or send an SOS via the Iridium satellite network to the 24/7 staffed IERCC emergency call centre (paid satellite subscription required).
• CONNECTED FEATURES: Save yourself the trouble of reaching for your phone with smartphone music control, smart notifications, weather information, driver-to-driver messaging or Live & GroupTrack**, and use the customisation options via Connect IQ.
• COMPATIBLE WITH SMART TRAINERS: Your Edge can be paired with an indoor trainer to record your workouts at home.
• E-BIKE COMPATIBILITY: Connect the Edge to your e-bike that is compatible with ANT+® or SHIMANO STEPS.
• WRITE GROUP MESSAGES: Send messages to your tour companions if you get lost on the ride. To do this, pair the Edge with your compatible smartphone.
* Only in conjunction with optional sensors.
** Requirements and restrictions for safety and tracking features are available at Garmin.com/safety.
*** Satellite subscription required. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices.
• Multiband GNSS
• Barometric altimeter
• Ambient light sensor
Daily smart features:
• Smart Notifications
• Text response/reject phone call with text (Android™ only)
• Downloadable display designs, data fields, widgets and apps via GARMIN Connect IQ™ app
• Connect IQ™ Shop directly on the device
• Device settings via GARMIN Connect™ smartphone app with real-time synchronisation
• Music features
• Virb® remote control
• Smartphone compatibility: iPhone®, Android™
smartphone compatibility of Garmin Connect™ app (system requirements): http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/ble
Safety and tracking features:
• Group Livetrack
• Rider-to-rider messaging
• Accident detection (including off-road)
• Emergency assistance
• Find my Edge
• Bike alarm
• Weather alerts
• INREACH® compatible
Activity tracking features:
• Calories burned
• Intensity minutes
Training, planning and analysis features
• Customisable screens
• Auto Pause®
• Interval training
• Advanced workouts
• Downloadable training plans
• Daily training suggestions
• Primary and secondary training goals
• Auto Lap®
• VO2Max (run)
• Stamina data in real time
• Training condition
• Training load
• Training load focus
• Cycling ability analysis
• Route requirement analysis
• Training Effect (aerobic)
• Recovery advisor
• Virtual Partner
• Virtual Racer™
• Trendline™ popularity routing
• Auto Scroll
• Physio TrueUp
• Uniform training condition
Outdoor recreation features:
• ClimbPro™ Climb Planner (with and without planned routes)
• Cycle map: routable street maps (several regions preinstalled, others available for free download)
• Time or distance alert: when you reach a value you set, you get an alert
• Routes: race against previous activities
• Power Guide
• Heatmaps for popular routes (road, gravel, touring, MTB)
• Cycling Dynamics compatible
• MTB Dynamics metrics
• Trailforks compatible
• Display of performance data from compatible power meters via ANT+™
• Compatible with Varia™ radar
• Compatible with Varia™ bike lights
• E-Bike routing
• Edge® remote control
• Varia™ remote control
• Electronic shifting system (ANT+)*
• Shimano Di2 Synchro Shift integration
• Smart trainer operation
• External display (GARMIN watches can share data pages with the Edge®)
For Shimano Di2, you need an additional Shimano ANT+ sensor SM-EW-WU111 for integration into the E-Tube system, available with prod. code 2238564.
• Display: transflective MIP colour display (memory-in-pixel, can be read easily in sunlight)
• Display size: 2.6" (approx. 66 mm)
• Display resolution: 246 × 322 pixels
• Control: key operation (7 keys)
• Satellite reception: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
• Multi-frequency reception: yes
• Sensors: barometric altimeter, accelerometer, magnetometer, light sensor
• Interfaces: Bluetooth®, ANT+®, WLAN
• Compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart (BLE) sensors
• Compatible with electronic circuit
• E-bike compatibility: SHIMANO Steps with D-FLY capable display or installed D-FLY module; ANT+ LEV capable drive systems (e.g. various models from Giant, Specialized, Yamaha Interface X, Mahle)
• Smartphone compatibility: iPhone®, Android™
• Internal memory: 16 GB
• Waypoints: up to 200
• Routes: up to 100 routes
• Activity memory: up to 200 hours
• Battery: integrated lithium-ion battery
• Compatible with GARMIN Charge Power Pack, available under prod. code 2265666
• Waterproof rating: IPX7 (protection against temporary submersion)
• Operating temperature range: -20 ºC to 60 ºC (-4 ºF to 140 ºF)
• Charging temperature range: 0 ºC to 45 ºC (32 ºF to 113 ºF)
• Dimensions: approx. 58 × 85 × 20 mm
• Weight: approx. 80 g (only device)
• GPS mode: up to 26 hours
• Energy-saving mode: up to 42 hours
(The battery life depends on the usage and the settings selected)
Pre-installed bicycle map:
• Western Europe: IRL, GBR, NRL, BEL, LUX, FRA, ESP, PRT, ISL, FRO, MCO, AND
• Central Europe: DNK, DEU, CHE, LIE, AUT, CZE, ITA, SMR, VAT, MLT, SVN, HRV, BIH, SRB, MNE, KSV, MKD, ALB, GRC
In the box:
• 1 Garmin Edge 540 GPS bike computer
• 1 standard mount
• 1 Aero handlebar mount
• 1 fastening strap
• 1 charging / data cable (USB-A to USB-C)
• 1 documentation
A USB power supply unit is not included.
Further optional accessories:
• GARMIN ANT+ HRM Pro Plus™ Heart Rate Chest Strap (prod. code 2330321)
• GARMIN ANT+ HRM Dual™ heart rate chest strap (prod. code 2286881)
• GARMIN ANT+ speed and cadence sensor generation 2 (prod. code 2290558)
• GARMIN Rally™ XC200 dual-sensing pedal watt measuring system for SHIMANO SPD (prod. code 2314171)
• GARMIN Rally™ XC100 single-sensing pedal watt measuring system for SHIMANO SPD (prod. code 2314169)
• GARMIN Rally™ RS200 dual-sensing pedal watt measuring system for SHIMANO SPD-SL (prod. code 2314168)
• GARMIN Rally™ RS100 single-sensing pedal watt measuring system for SHIMANO SPD-SL (prod. code 2314167)
• GARMIN Rally™ RK200 dual-sensing pedal watt measuring system for LOOK KéO (prod. code 2314165)
• GARMIN Rally™ RK100 single-sensing pedal watt measuring system for LOOK KéO (prod. code 2314164)
• GARMIN Varia™ RTL516 Radar with rear light (prod. code: 2303599)
• GARMIN Varia™ RCT716 radar rear light with dash cam (prod. code 2330311)
The GARMIN Edge 540 is also available in a bundle with heart rate chest strap, cadence and speed sensor under prod. code 2341135.
- Compatible with ANT+:
- Heart rate:
- Power in watts:
- Display light:
- Smart Notifications:
- Manufacturer`s ref.: