Train like the champions and reach your sport goals – with the GARMIN Forerunner 745! The compact GPS running and triathlon watch is your personal coach on a wrist with its 1.2” large colour-display and diverse pre-installed multisport apps. It accompanies you through all your sports – whether in the water, on the bike, or on the track.
Detailed information about your training and fitness level is shown on the watch to help you better measure your performance. Thanks to daily workout recommendations, you can better plan and optimize your performance values. For a complete overview of your vitals, the Forerunner 745 continually measures your heart rate through your wrist – 24 hours a day, even during training sessions under water. So, together with the integrated PulseOX sensor, you can get an overview of your blood-oxygen saturation, VO2max values or the aerobic and anaerobic training effect. And with the multi-satellite receiver plus the barometric altimeter, you can also log routes and height profiles.
Get the necessary motivation during training with the integrated GARMIN Music app – so you can load offline playlists from Spotify, Deezer or Amazon Music directly onto your smartwatch and play them over compatible Bluetooth headphones. So you can leave your smartphone at home for a change when going for a quick evening ride. Or pair it with a smartphone to profit from many more features, like the emergency call function and automatic accident alerts, so you always feel safe while exploring your boundaries in nature. And the smart functions, such as contact-free transactions over GARMIN Pay or smart notifications about incoming messages, current appointments or news, make the GARMIN Forerunner 745 a great everyday companion even outside of training.
Reach your athletic goals!
• MULTISPORT-APPS: With lots of pre-installed activity profiles like triathlon, pool and free water swimming, track, cycling, yoga, and many other comprehensive sport profiles, this watch is ready for any activity. During competition and brick workouts you can easily switch sport types with just the press of a button.
• 24/7 HEART RATE MEASUREMENT: The GPS running and triathlon smartwatch measures your heart rate around the clock – even during underwater training sessions. Use heart rate alerts and further features to get the most out of your training.
• PULSE OX: This wrist sensor measures the blood’s oxygen saturation for a better idea of your quality of sleep or your altitude acclimatisation.
• TRAINING CONDITION: This value analyses your recent training sessions and performance indicators to determine whether you are getting in shape with your training, have reached your peak, or overloaded.
• TRAINING EFFECT: Find out how your training sessions effect your stamina, speed, and performance development. This is possible through feedback about the aerobic and anaerobic training effect.
• TRAINING LOAD: For this statistic, your training volumes of the past 7 days are compared with your optimal fitness range and your recent training sessions.
• PERFORMANCE CONDITION: While you run, the Forerunner 745 analyses your pace, heart rate, and heart rate variability. This provides you with a real-time estimate of your current performance capabilities.
• RACE TIME ESTIMATE: This special feature looks at your fitness level and training logs in order to help you work towards your competition goals and give you an idea of how your training is affecting the predicted race time.
• RECHARGE TIME: After every training, the watch shows you the time needed to recharge before your next tough training. It is based on the training intensity and factors such as stress, daily activities and sleep.
• WORKOUT RECOMMENDATIONS: The watch offers the perfect training preparation by making daily recommendations for your next running or biking workout, based on your actual training load and fitness level.
• BODY BATTERY™ - ENERGY LEVEL: Measure your body’s energy levels so that you know the best times for you to be active or to recover.
• GARMIN COACH: Your Garmin Coach will help you reach your individual goal with free training plans – whether you’re training for a 5 to 10 km competition, triathlon, or marathon. The training plans consist of guidance from experienced coaches and are adjusted to you and your goals. Training plans directly synchronise with the watch.
• CYCLING PERFORMANCE: Connect your Forerunner 745 with a compatible power meter from Garmin (separately available, see below) to improve your ride efficiency with the help of Cycling Dynamics, FTP and advanced training methods.
• RUNNING EFFICIENCY VALUES: Together with compatible accessories such as the Running Dynamics Pod or the HRM-Pro heart rate chest strap (separately available, see below), the Forerunner 745 measures key running efficiency values such as step frequency, step length, ground contact time and balance.
Always with you – wherever the road takes you!
• SENSORS: Use multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) for more reliable, precise position determination in difficult conditions than with just the use of GPS. The integrated barometric altimeter also calculates your exact altitude.
• TRACK LOGGING: Log your tours so you can reconstruct them at home or share them via smartphone with your friends.
• PLAN NEW ROUTES: Create new routes in the free Garmin Connect™ app, so you never run out of routes. Or you can plan a route on other platforms, such as Strava or Komoot, and then synchronise them automatically with your smartwatch.
• TRENDLINE™ POPULARITY ROUTING: Runners and cyclists have uploaded billions of kilometres of data so that Garmin Connect can find the best route for you. It chooses the roads (and trails) that are used the most often.
• SAFETY FEATURES: If you’re not feeling safe or your watch registers an accident (during certain activities), your position is sent to emergency contacts thanks to the emergency assistance and accident alert.
Perfectly adapted to you and your lifestyle!
• DESIGN: With its 1.2” coloured display, the Forerunner 745 is also well-suited for triathletes with slim wrists. The lightweight, compact case is comfortable to wear.
• FITNESS & WELLNESS: Keep an overview over your Body Battery™, calories burned, steps, your stress levels and more. And let the Forerunner 745 guide you through those breathing exercises.
• MENSTRUAL CYCLE TRACKING: By logging details to your periods, you can better adjust your training to maximize the improvement potential. Plus, you can factor in the phases of your cycle when planning for upcoming competitions.
• BATTERY LIFE: In smartwatch mode, the battery pack of the Forerunner 745 holds up to 1 week, in GPS mode with music, up to 6 hours. Use the GPS mode (up to 16 hours) or UltraTrac™ mode (up to 21 hours) for your longest training sessions.
• SIMPLE DEVICE SETUP: Take over existing profiles and paired sensors from your previous Forerunner during setup and get going right away.
• CONNECT IQ™ SHOP: Make your smartwatch unique. Download display designs, add data fields, and get apps and widgets from the Connect IQ store using your smartphone.
• ALL DATA IN GARMIN CONNECT: You can upload all your activities into the Garmin Connect app for better interaction with the popular online community. Members can make connections, compete against each other, or share results with others over social networks.
Smart watch – smart features!
• GARMIN MUSIC: Load up your offline playlists from Spotify, Deezer, and Amazon Music (might require premium subscription) directly onto your Forerunner 745 – for more motivation during your training. The Forerunner 745 has space for up to 500 songs.
• GARMIN PAY: Pay with just the flick of a wrist – no wallet required. If you want to pay in a hurry, just use contact-free Garmin Pay with participating providers.
• SMART NOTIFICATIONS: Pair your watch with your smartphone and get alerts, news, weather data and more on your wrist. Now you won’t have to miss any messages from friends, whether you’re exercising or out having fun.
• GPS time sync
• Automatic daylight saving time
• Alarm clock
• Sunrise/sunset times
• Wrist-based heart rate (constant - every second)
• Daily resting heart rate
• Abnormal heart rate alerts (high and low)
• Respiration rate (24x7)
• PULSE OX blood oxygen saturation (spot-check and optional all-day acclimatisation and during sleep)
• Fitness age (in app)
• Body Battery™ energy monitor
• All-day stress tracking
• Relaxation breathing timer (breathing exercises)
• Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
• Advanced sleep monitoring (sleep score & insights)
• Hydration (in Garmin Connect™ and optionally in the Connect IQ™ widget)
• Menstruation cycle (in Garmin Connect™ and optionally in the Connect IQ™ widget)
• Heart rate measurement on the wrist (Garmin Elevate™ technology)
• Barometric altimeter
• Pulse Ox
Daily smart features:
• Smart Notifications
• Text response / reject phone call with text (Android™ only)
• Music features (smartphone control)
• Plays music
• Internal music storage (up to 500 songs)
• Find my Phone feature
• Virb® remote control
• Smartphone compatibility: iPhone®, Android™
• Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
• Garmin Pay™ (more information as well as participating banks at www.garmin.com/en-GB/garminpay/banks/ )
Safety and tracking features (requires connection with smartphone):
• Group Livetrack
• Live Event enabling (only Android™)
• Incident detection during select activities
• Emergency assistance
• Dual-grid coordination
Activity tracking features:
• Step counter
• Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset)
• Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
• Calories burned
• Floors climbed
• Distance travelled
• Intensity minutes
• TrueUp™ (switch between compatible devices and sync activity data)
• Move IQ™ (automatic activity detection)
Training, planning and analysis features:
• Heart-rate zones
• Heart-rate alerts
• Heart-rate calories
• % HR Max
• % HFR (percent of your heart rate reserves (maximum heart rate minus resting heart rate))
• Recharge time
• Automatic maximum heart rate
• HRV stress test (measures your heart rate variation while you stand still for 3 minutes, the result is an estimation of your stress levels, going from 0 to 100, with lower values indicating lower levels of stress)
• Heart rate transmission (sends heart rate data over ANT+™ to paired devices)
• Respiration rate during exercise (with compatible accessories)
• GPS speed and distance
• Customisable screens
• Customisable activity profiles
• Auto Pause®
• Interval training
• Advanced workouts
• Downloadable training plans
• Auto Lap®
• Manual lap
• Adjustable lap alarm
• Heat and high acclimatisation
• VO2 Max
• Training status (so you know whether you’re training effectively; includes further training history like VO2Max and the anaerobic threshold, which are compared to current data)
• Training load (combined heart rate and VO2Max data over the last 28 days, so you always train in your optimal zone)
• Training load focus
• Training effects (aerobic and anaerobic)
• Training effect labels (primary use)
• Adjustable alerts
• Audio prompts (optional, when connected to a compatible smartphone)
• End time
• Virtual Partner (compete against a virtual person)
• Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities)
• Automatic multi-sport activities
• Manual multi-sport activities
• Route guidance
• Garmin Live segments
• STRAVA functions (beacon, live segments)
• Roundtrip routing (running, cycling)
• Trendline™ routing according to popularity
• Auto Scroll
• Activity history on the watch
• Physio TrueUp™ (switch between compatible devices and sync training data)
• Available run profiles: running, treadmill training, running on an indoor track, trail running, virtual running training
• GPS-based distance, time and pace
• Running efficiency (with compatible accessories)
• Vertical oscillation and vertical ratio (how much bounce is in your running movements and the cost-benefit-ratio of your stride length, requires compatible accessories)
• Ground contact time and balance (meaning the time between your foot touching the ground and it leaving the ground again and helps you run more symmetrically, requires compatible accessories)
• Stride length (real time, requires compatible accessories)
• Running cadence (number of steps per minute)
• Performance status (compares after 6 to 20 minutes of running your current performance to your average fitness level)
• Lactate threshold (determined by analysing your pace and heart rate , the point at which your muscles start tiring more easily, requires compatible accessories)
• PacePro™ strategies
• Run workouts
• Runtime estimate
• Running sensor compatible
• Available cycling profiles: biking, indoor biking, mountain biking, trail riding
• Compatible with cadence and speed sensors
• Time or distance alerts (when you reach a value you set, you get an alert)
• Routes (race against previous activities)
• Laps and maximum lap power (with compatible power meter)
• Compete against activities
• Functional threshold power (FTP) (with compatible accessories)
• Vector™ compatible (advanced vector support)
• Compatible with ANT+ power meters from third-party providers
• Varia™ compatible (Varia Vision™, Varia™ radar, Varia™ bike lights)
• Available swim profiles: Indoor pool swimming, open water swimming, swim runs
• Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (SWOLF), calories burned, track log)
• Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (SWOLF), calories burned)
• Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly)
• Practice logging
• Basic rest timer (up from 0)
• Recharge timer with “repeat on”
• Auto recharge
• Time and distance alerts
• Pace alert (only for pool swimming)
• Countdown start
• Swim training
• Critical swimming speed
• Underwater wrist-based heart rate measurement
• Heart rate (real time data and statistics for intervals and sessions during resting phases, automatic download of heart rate data after swimming - requires optional HRM-Pro™, HRM-Swim™ or HRM-Tri™ heart rate chest strap)
Gym and fitness equipment:
• Available gym activity profiles: strength, cardio and elliptical training, stair stepping, indoor rowing, yoga and Pilates
• Cardio workouts
• Strength workouts
• Yoga workouts
• Pilates workouts
• On-screen workout animations
• Automatic rep counting
• Available outdoor recreation profiles: hiking, skiing, snow boarding, ski tours, classic and freestyle cross-country skiing, stand up paddling, kayaking, rowing
• Point to point navigation
• Real-time track logging:
• Back to start (shortest stretch back to the starting point)
• TracBack® (along the route so far and the route back to the starting point)
• UltraTrack Mode
• Altitude profile
• Distance to goal
• Barometric trends indicator
• ClimbPro™ ascent planner
• Auto climb for trail running
• Vertical speed
• Total ascent/descent
• Upcoming elevation profiles
• GPS coordinates
• Area calculation (over Connect IQ™)
• Hunting and fishing calendar (over Connect IQ™)
• Solar and lunar calendar (over Connect IQ™)
Garmin Connect™ features:
• Synchronisation (transmission of training units) via Bluetooth Smart via smartphone or via cable with your PC/Mac
• Save, analyse, plan and share activities in social networks
• Live Tracking feature: show your friends or family your position in real time
• Grouptrack: track current position of your group members during your activity
• Upload training data
• Training plans:
• Map view
• Daily overview
• Diagram overviews
• Online challenges
• Comment the activities of other users
smartphone compatibility of Garmin Connect™ app (system requirements): http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/ble
Garmin Connect IQ™ features:
• Create individual display designs, integration of smartphone photos as display background
• Download apps and widgets for additional features
• Customise data fields
• Compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart (BLE) sensors
• Interfaces: ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart, WLAN
• Integrated accelerometer
• Electronic 3-axis compass with auto calibration
• Barometric altimeter
• Lithium-ion battery
• Display size: 1.2” (30.48 mm)
• Transflective MIP colour display (memory-in-pixel)
• Can be read easily in sunlight
• Resolution: 240 x 240 pixels
• Five buttons for operation
• Water rating: swimming, 5 ATM (corresponds to a test pressure approx. 50 metres under water)
• Lens material: Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX
• Material bezel: fibre-reinforced polymer
• Case material: fibre-reinforced polymer
• Dimensions: approx. 4.38 x 4.38 x 1.33 cm
• Strap material: silicone (22 mm wide; quick-fit system)
• Memory/History: 200 hours of activity data
• Music storage: up to 500 songs
• Weight: approx. 47 g
• Smartwatch mode: up to 7 days
• GPS mode: up to 16 hours
• GPS mode + music: up to 6 hours
• UltraTrac™ mode (reduces GPS tracking points): up to 21 hours
• GARMIN HRM Pro™ heart rate chest strap (prod. code 2308908)
• GARMIN HRM Dual™ heart rate chest strap (prod. code: 2286881)
• GARMIN speed and cadence sensor 2 (prod. code: 2290558)
• GARMIN Running Dynamics Pod running sensor (prod. code: 2260993)
• GARMIN Vector 3 pedal-based power meters (prod. code: 2263927)
• GARMIN Vector 3S pedal-based power meters (prod. code: 2263928)
• GARMIN Varia™ RTL516 Radar with Rear Light (prod. code 2303599)
• GARMIN Varia™ RVR315 Radar (prod. code 2303600)
In the box:
• 1 GARMIN Forerunner 745 GPS Multisport Watch
• 1 USB power supply/charger (USB unit NOT included)
• 1 quick start manual