- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
Right after Garmin has presented the GPSMAP 66s outdoor GPS device (e.g. product code: 2275935) as the official successor for the GPSMAP 64 and took the popular GPSMAP Series to a new level, things seem to turn around – don’t they?
It is probably because of the high popularity of their hiking and touring GPS that Garmin celebrates the revival of the 64 Series with the GPSMAP 64sx. The “X” behind the name of the model shows that it’s a further development. The new GPSMAP 64 Series ranks just below the range-topping GPSMAP 66s and represents a favourably priced entry-level Series of high-end outdoor navigation devices. Paperless geocaching and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required) included!
The design remains the same though. At first sight, it’s only the colour of the GPSMAP 64sx that differs from the almost legendary predecessor. Ranging from the proven Quad-Helix antenna and robust buttons through to the transflective 2.6 inch display with 160x240 pixels that is even easy to read in direct sunlight and the extremely practical and flexible power supply via two AA Mignon batteries that last up to 16 hours in GPS mode – all old and cherished friends...
Of course, the version with the “s” in the model name also comes with a barometric altimeter, a tilt-compensated 3-axis compass and wireless ANT+ and Bluetooth connectivity. This allows you to pair additional sensors e.g. for heart rate measurement, speed, cadence or temperature (via ANT+) with the device or receive Smart Notifications from the smartphone (via Bluetooth).
As is often the case, the difference lies in the details beneath the robust plastic housing.
Garmin’s GPSMAP 64sx comes with a boosted memory and compared to the predecessor, the internal memory was doubled to around 8GB. Thanks to Multi-GNSS support, the two satellite systems GPS (US American) and GLONASS (Russian) were complemented by the European Galileo System. This offers hikers, cyclists, expeditioners, mountaineers, mountain bikers and geocachers more flexibility and improved satellite reception on their tours and adventures.
When using an optional Garmin TOPO map or another compatible, routable map, you will always stay on the right track thanks to proven ActiveRouting™ with turn-by-turn navigation.
• 2.6-inch TFT colour display (65,000 colours) that is easy to read in sunlight
• Tilt-compensated 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter with auto calibration
• Extensive navigation features thanks to ActiveRouting™ on routable TOPO maps (TOPO map NOT included)
• Precise positioning thanks to Multi-GNSS support – GPS, GLONASS and Galileo for precise and fast point positioning
• Connected Features - Smart Notifications, LiveTrack (in combination with Garmin Connect™ Mobile App)
Map and memory:
• Worldwide base map with elevation contours (for rough orientation, NOT routable)
• Option to add maps
• 8 GB internal memory
• Slot for microSD maps (max. 32 GB)
• 5000 waypoints
• 200 routes
• TrackLog (tracking): 10,000 points, 200 storable GPX tracks, unlimited geocaches (GPX/GGZ format; only limited by the memory available)
• BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (1-year subscription required)
• Geocaching (paperless)
• Activity profiles: easy handling for e.g. mountaineering, hiking, cycling or geocaching
• Compatible with Custom Maps
• Hunting and fishing calendar
• Solar and lunar calendar
• Picture viewer
• Area calculation
Garmin Connect™ website/app:
• Synchronisation (transmission of training units) via Bluetooth Smart via smartphone or via cable with your PC/Mac
• Smartphone compatibility of Garmin Connect™ app: iOS from 11.0/Android varies depending on the end device
• Save, analyse, plan and share activities in social networks
• Live Tracking feature (show your friends and family your position in real time)
• Upload training data
• Map view
• Daily overview
• Diagram overviews
• Online challenges
• Comment the activities of other users
• GPS Quad Helix antenna
• GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems): GPS; GLONASS; GALILEO
• Barometric altimeter
• Tilt-compensated 3-axis compass
• Battery life: up to 16 hours in GPS mode
• Robust and waterproof in accordance with IPX 7
• Size: 6.1 cm x 16.0 cm x 3.6 cm
• Weight: approx. 230 g (incl. batteries)
• Transflective TFT colour display (65,000 colours)
• Display size 3.6 cm x 5.5 cm, diagonal 6.6 cm (2.6 inches)
• Display resolution: 160x240 pixels
• Interface: Mini USB, NMEA 0183
• 8 GB internal memory
• Slot for microSD maps (max. 32 GB, NOT included)
• Wireless connectivity: Bluetooth, ANT+
Battery type (not included):
You can choose from
• a rechargeable Garmin NiMH battery pack (recharged inside the device, optionally available with product code: 2104708)
• 2x AA Mignon batteries (NiMH or lithium recommended)
In the box:
Garmin GPSMAP 64sx GPS device incl.
• 1x USB charging/data cable
• 1x documentation
Optional Garmin map material on Micro SD card:
• Garmin Topo Germany V9 Pro Micro SD card (product code: 2292716)
• Garmin Topo TransAlpin+ Pro Micro SD card (product code: 2261561)
• Garmin bike mount for GPSMAP, Oregon etc. (product code: 2104692)
• Garmin speed sensor 2 (product code: 2292480)
• Garmin speed and cadence sensor 2 set (prod. code 2290558)
• Garmin HRM Dual heart rate chest strap (prod. code 2286881)
• Garmin NiMH battery pack for GPSMAP and Oregon (product code: 2104708)
- Compatible with ANT+:
- Heart rate:
- Power in watts:
- Smart Notifications:
- OSM/vector map:
- Topographic map: