You already have a Garmin Vector 3S power meter fitted to your bike, but you would like even more extensive data about your fitness? With the separate right sensor pedal, you can switch to a dual Vector 3 power meter. The Upgrade Pedal gives you a full-featured Vector 3 power measurement system, which allows you to train even more professionally. Moreover, the second pedal also gives you a feedback about the balance between your right and left leg. This is a crucial advantage when trying to bring the efficiency of your pedal stroke to the next level.
With this upgrade, you will have a full-featured Vector 3 power measurement system with up to 49 different watt and cadence values, including the generally accepted power measuring parameters:
• PP - Power Phase: Shows you the pedal stroke region where you start producing positive power, where it ends, where you spend the most energy and how the leg power distribution changes throughout the pedal stroke.
• PCO – Platform Centre Offset: Measures the horizontal power distribution on the pedal (“+” and “–“) and reveals the effects that the sitting position and the alignment of the cleats have on the riding technique and power transmission.
• Sitting/standing position: Shows the power output and time spent in sitting/standing position (real time display on compatible models)
• FTP – Functional Threshold Power™: The FTP is considered to be the highest power level you can maintain for one hour without becoming fatigued (=> threshold performance)
• NP – Normalized Power™: The NP is a "theoretical" performance that would have been achieved if the performance had been constant during the training session. The NP thus resembles so called "Power Spikes" and "smoothes" the power curve mathematically to a comparable value.
• IF – Intensity Factor™: IF is an indication of how hard or difficult a ride was in relation to your overall fitness. (IF = NP/FTP)
• TSS – Training Stress Score™: TSS indicates the "objective" load of an activity, which also takes into account its duration.
• Lightweight housing made from composite material
• Stainless steel pedal plate
• CNC machined, hardened stainless steel spindle
• Sealed bearings
• Adjustable release tension
• Weight: approx. 179 g
• ANT+ radio protocol
• BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
• Replaceable battery (LR 44)
• Waterproof in accordance with IPX 7
• Battery life: approx. 120 hours of active cycling
Attention: The rider’s weight must not exceed 90 kg!
In the box:
• Right Garmin Vector 3 pedal
Manufacturer’s ref.: 010-12578-00
• Garmin cleats for Vector pedals, red, ± 3° angular float (prod. code 2099008)
• Garmin cleats for Vector pedals, black, without float (prod. code 2099017)
ATTENTION: It depends on the connected device which performance data fields can be supported and analysed. For exact information about your device, please check the manufacturer’s information.
The pedal axle of the GARMIN Vector™ 3 pedals is compatible with the successor GARMIN Rally™!
This way, an existing Vector™ 3 can also be updated with the various GARMIN Rally™ pedal body exchange kits and/or converted to another click system (e.g. SHIMANO SPD SL / SPD).
optional GARMIN Rally™ pedal bodies:
• GARMIN Rally™ RS pedal body replacement kit for SHIMANO SPD-SL (prod. code 2315528)
• GARMIN Rally™ XC pedal body replacement kit for SHIMANO SPD (prod. code 2135530)
• GARMIN Rally™ RK pedal body replacement kit for LOOK KéO (prod. code 2315527)