The second generation speed and cadence sensors by Garmin are true all-rounders. In addition to their basic feature – which is giving you accurate speed and cadence – they offer dual connectivity (ANT+ and Bluetooth LE) and an internal memory inside the Speed Sensor 2 that tracks up to 300 hours of activity no matter which compatible GPS device you are using.
This allows you to collect trip time and distance data without connecting the sensor to a training computer.
Moreover, the sensors directly connect to the Garmin Connect™ app on your smartphone using Bluetooth Low Energy. Apart from transmitting all activity data (distance, time) from the internal memory of the speed sensor, the app provides further information, such as connectivity details (paired with ANT+ or Bluetooth LE protocol), battery charge, software version (updates available in Connect™ app) or wheel circumference (choose the type of calibration: Enter your wheel size manually or let the sensor detect your wheel size automatically while riding).
• May be used as a stand-alone device (no pairing with GPS device required, time/distance tracking)
• Signal provided by accelerometer (no magnet required)
• Mounted on wheel hub and on the left crank arm
• Compatible with Garmin Connect™
• Smartphone compatibility of the Garmin Connect™ app (system requirements): http://www.garmin.com/en-GB/ble
• Material: plastic, rubber
• Interfaces: ANT+ and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
• Batteries: CR2032 button cell (pre-installed, replaceable)
• Battery life: approx. 1 year at an average use of 1 hour/day
• Internal memory: up to 300 hours of activity data (only Speed Sensor 2)
In the box:
• 1x Garmin speed sensor 2 incl. mounting case
• 1x Garmin cadence sensor 2
• 3x O-rings for cadence sensor (different Ø)