- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Short and sweet! Brake lines, cable sleeves without metal inserts, hoses and thin-walled plastic tubes on bicycles are quickly shortened with the PlastiCut® hose and protective tube cutter from Knipex. The V-shaped blade of the compact tool cuts rubber and plastic straight and cleanly, so that finishing the cut edges is usually not necessary.
This is because, compared to the pliers or scissors principle, the sharp blade cuts outwards from the centre in a wedge shape with two cutting edges, without deforming or crushing. During the cutting process, the blade tip fixes the pipe or hose to be cut in the semicircular holder and penetrates the material vertically with a concentrated cut to separate it precisely. So cutting to length with the Knipex cable cutter is absolutely square and level with little effort.
• Cutting tool for cutting pipes and hoses
• Ideal for thin-walled plastic pipes, plastic lines or rubber
• Also fabric-reinforced or multi-layered lines (e.g. compressed air)
• Ideal for bicycle brake lines for an exact fit of the support sleeve
• Not suitable for cable cutting or for steel-reinforced shift and brake cable casings!
• Cutting attachment up to 25 mm outer Ø
• Very sharp V-shaped cutting blade, exchangeable
• Little effort required during the cutting process
• Precise, flawless cut edges without reworking
• Has opening spring and safety catch for securing
• Chrome-plated tool head
• Durable workshop quality
• Made in Germany
• Dimensions: approx. 185 x 70 x 25 mm
• Material: special tool steel, oil-hardened (blade), glass-fibre reinforced plastic/metal (body)
• Weight: approx. 170 g
In the box:
• 1 x KNIPEX PlastiCut® hose and protective tube cutter
Cutting cables or outer sheaths with protective metal inserts is difficult and will quickly render the sharp blade useless for smooth cuts. Thin Kevlar, carbon or fabric inserts, on the other hand, can be separated without any problems.
- Bottom bracket:
- Hub and spokes:
- Fork and headset:
- Manufacturer`s ref.: