- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Trail riding is all about adventure, thrills and fun, as well as exploring new areas and flowing descents.
To get the most out of every ride, you need to have confidence in your equipment. This is especially true when it comes to wheels, since they play a decisive role in the overall mountain bike system. That’s where the Mavic Crossmax XL front wheel comes in. It is one of the most powerful aluminium wheels from the French wheel specialist’s high-quality MTB range.
The robust Maxtal aluminium rim features Mavic Fore technology and thus a fully sealed rim bed that no longer requires rim tape. This saves weight and eliminates the need for tubeless rim tape to set up tubeless tyres. The impressive inner rim width of 30 mm also optimally supports the performance of modern trail tyres. In addition, the rim profile has a robust triangular shape that has been specially developed to better absorb shocks from the trail. Finally, Mavic Black Shield technology gives the rim a subtle matt finish that increases resistance to scratches and abrasion.
With 24 double-cross straight-pull spokes, the Crossmax XL front wheel hits the sweet spot between lateral stiffness and vertical compliance just perfectly. The modern Infinity hub platform has a stiff and lightweight construction, which is equipped with the proven and smooth-running Mavic QRM Auto bearing for high durability and minimal friction losses.
• UST tubeless technology: The Mavic standard for tubeless tyres not only improves traction, comfort and rolling resistance, but also reduces the risk of tyre defects.
• SUP (Soudé Usiné Process): Particularly stable, arc-welded rim joint where the weld of the rim joint is perfectly flat milled for a seamless, smooth transition to achieve balanced rotation without brake vibrations.
• Fore tapeless tubeless technology: With Mavic Fore Technology, the spokes are connected directly to the lower rim bridge with a special screw nipple in an incorporated threaded receptacle to increase the resistance of the rim. The closed rim bed remains intact as part of the tubeless system. This makes it easy to change spokes and saves the extra weight of the rim tape.
• Black Shield Treatment: A special rim sealant on Mavic's MTB wheels with a double coating in a matt finish increases resistance to stone chips and scratches.
• QRM Auto (Qualité de Roulements Mavic Auto): Smooth-running, double-sealed and maintenance-free industrial bearings with high dimensional accuracy and self-adjusting bearing preload.
• Rim material: Maxtal aluminium
• Wheel size: 29"
• UST tubeless ready
• Fore tapeless tubeless technology
• Asymmetric rim profile
• Rim seam: SUP (welded)
• Rim width: approx. 35 mm
• Rim depth: approx. 21 mm
• ETRTO: 30 - 622
• For Presta valve (Ø 6.5 mm)
• Spokes: straightpull, aero profile, double butted
• Spoke material: steel
• Number of spokes: 24 pcs
• Spoke pattern: 2-cross (contactless)
• Nipples: Fore aluminium nipples
• Hub material: aluminium hub body, aluminium axle
• Brake disc mount: IS 6-bolt
• Bearings: self-adjusting, sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
• Front hub spacing: 15 x 110 mm (thru axle, BOOST)
• Weight: approx. 900 g
• Recommended tyre width: 2.35"-3.00" (60-76 mm)
• Recommended max. system weight: 120 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
• Intended use - ASTM category 4: for use in rough terrain and jumps up to 122 cm
In the box:
• 1 Mavic Crossmax XL Disc BOOST MTB front wheel 29", 6-bolt
• 1 Mavic UST valve
Mavic UST wheels may also be used with inner tubes in the standard version.
Please make sure to fill the tyre with sufficient sealant before using the Mavic UST wheels tubeless!
- Material: carbon:
- Freehub body:
- Tubeless ready:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 15 x 110 mm