- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Featuring a MIPS-C2 system, the MET TRENTA MIPS bike helmet is able to slide relative to the head in case of a crash, redirecting damaging rotational motion. Optimised for rides in the peloton, the tubular rear section of the MET TRENTA MIPS and its internal ventilation channels result in 7% less drag compared to a traditional design – for the best performance on group rides. The NACA vent and rear deflectors provide sophisticated airflow guidance inside the helmet, efficiently cooling your head without slowing you down. Especially as only 30% of the helmet rests on the head – temperature control at the highest level.
• Made with IN-MOLD technology
• Robust, four-part polycarbonate outer shell
• Light, shock-absorbing EPS liner shell
• MIPS C2 system reduces rotational forces
• NACA ventilation opening for perfect ventilation
• Internal air ducts with 19 ventilation openings
• SAFE-T ORBITAL fitting system - suitable for braid wearers
• Hand washable, comfortable air mesh padding
• Adjustable strap system
• Sunglasses port for secure and uncomplicated storage of glasses
• Reflective design elements
• Including padded & ventilated transport bag
• Weight: approx. 250 g (size M)
• Certification: CE / EN 1078
The liner is fused with the outer shell under high pressure and strong heat for a lasting connection. This makes the helmet very robust and lightweight.
NACA ventilation opening:
The NACA vent and rear deflectors provide sophisticated airflow guidance inside the helmet. So they cool your head efficiently without slowing you down. Only 30% of the helmet rests on the head – temperature control at the highest level!
Easy-to-use fitting system for adjusting the helmet in height and width.
• 360° headband prevents pressure points on the head
• Adjustment wheel with 2 mm per click, also overwind protection
• Horizontally adjustable in 2 positions
• Vertically adjustable in 3 to 4 positions
• Rubber padded neck support
• Suitable for braid wearers
• Compatible with MET USB LED light
• Adjustable with one hand
MIPS C2 (from the Evolve category) is most commonly used in bicycle helmets. The C2 is a classic, vacuum-formed plastic liner that can be easily integrated into any type of bicycle helmet. Thanks to flexible fastening points that have up to approx. 10 - 15 mm room to move in each direction, rotational forces can be reduced.
WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a slip-plane system within the helmet. It is designed to rotate inside the helmet and thus slow down or reduce the impact energy acting on the brain, which helps reduce head injuries caused by rotational impacts.
WHY IS MIPS IMPORTANT?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration may cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. This stretching of the tissue caused by these motions may result in various types of brain injury. MIPS is designed with the intent to address rotational acceleration from impact.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
The reflective elements attached to the clothing as design elements or decoration do not represent a personal protective equipment as mentioned in EU regulation 2016/425.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- Helmet features: