- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
The FLAGSHIP GTX MTB shoes by Northwave offer you an outstanding mix of warmth and weather protection for your winter training and also impress with their HYPERLIGHT XC 10 full carbon sole, which skilfully combines stiffness and lightness.
Thanks to their GORE-TEX DUATHERM KELVIN membrane, the MTB winter shoes offer you excellent breathability with complete water and wind block as well as excellent comfort in virtually all weather conditions. What’s more, your toes will stay warm on cool days as well, thanks to the additional lining at the front of the shoes.
• MTB winter shoes with wind- and waterproof GORE-TEX DUATHERM KELVIN membrane
• HYPERLIGHT XC 10 full carbon sole with 100% unidirectional (UD) carbon fibres
• Sole with strategically placed TPU inserts for high skid and abrasion resistance
• X-FRAME 2 construction with precise SLW3 SYSTEM CLOSURE for millimetre-precise adjustment, even with winter gloves on
• EASYFIT CLIMAFLEX cuff with very elastic GORE-TEX RATTLER membrane and insulating neoprene
• Insulating ARCTIC 4LAYER insole
• Ergonomic heel shape for a close fit
• Seamless toe construction
• Pull tabs at the front and rear
• Reflective design elements
• Compatible with MTB pedal systems with cleats using SPD standard (2-bolt standard), such as: Shimano SPD, Time ATAC, CrankBrothers, CrankBrothers Race, Look MTB, Xtreme MTB, or Wellgo MTB. Also suitable for indoor trainers in the gym etc.
• Weight: approx. 880 g (per pair, size EU 42)
• Cold protection: 5 (out of 5)
• Power transmission: 5 (out of 5)
• Rain cover: 5 (out of 5)
• Wind protection: 5 (out of 5)
• Grip: 5 (out of 5)
(manufacturer’s scale from 0 to 5, serves only for orientation within the Northwave’s MTB shoe range)
Insole with EVA + Aluminium and EVA + Pile for optimal insulation.
The EASYFIT CLIMAFLEX collar made from soft, insulating neoprene and a highly elastic membrane feels like a sock. Therefore, it offers very good mobility and extensive weather protection. Zero overlap and no Velcro straps, so that foot and ankle can move freely.
GORE-TEX DURATHERM KELVIN:
The GORE-TEX DURATHERM KELVIN membrane used for the “Extreme” versions of certain NORTHWAVE shoes provides a perfect barrier against the cold thanks to insulating fibres, which makes it perfectly suitable for winter. It perfectly protects from rain, wind and snow while being extremely breathable: for dry and warm feet! In addition, the outer fabric is easy to clean, very robust and abrasion-resistant.
The core of all GORE-TEX textiles is an extremely thin, permanently waterproof, windproof and breathable membrane. It has over 1.4 billion micropores per square centimetre. The pores of the GORE-TEX membrane are 700 times larger than a water vapour molecule so that moisture can easily escape. The volume of air that passes through one square metre of fabric in one second not more than 5.0 l/m²sec – which makes the membrane truly windproof. The microscopically small pores are approximately 20,000 times smaller than water droplets. Thus, the GORE-TEX membrane is absolutely waterproof.
The GORE-TEX RATTLER membrane comes with a robust nylon-Lycra outer fabric for high durability.
A full carbon sole with a stiffness index of 14.0 for optimal power transmission. Soft and stiffer compounds were joined together to provide even more flexibility, stability and adhesion. The different materials were placed in the sole in such a way that they offer ideal power transmission.
S.L.W.3 SYSTEM CLOSURE:
The two speed lace system closures on the shoes provide perfect support and optimal fit for your feet, are functional and fast to use: Simply open and close the shoes with a flick of the wrist. The large dials allow for precise tensioning of the wires. The shoes can be fully opened at once or step by step.
The X-FRAME 2 closure system guides the Speed Lacing wires in a special way so that the load is evenly distributed over the entire instep. Thus, it holds your feet securely inside the shoes for efficient power transfer and high comfort.
For the best fit, ROSE recommends ordering the shoes one size larger.
The reflective elements attached to the clothing as design elements or decoration do not represent a personal protective equipment as mentioned in EU regulation 2016/425.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- Shoe features:
- Carbon sole, Dials