- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
POC VENTRAL AIR MIPS Road Helmet
Price incl. VAT plus €16.35 (for delivery to United States of America)
Product code: 232160001
Colour hydrogen white
The VENTRAL AIR MIPS by POC combines aerodynamics with high ventilation and safety. Thanks to precise vents and internal air channels for ventilation control at both low and high speeds, the road bike helmet provides excellent cooling for the entire head. With the help of the Cannondale-Drapac ProCycling Team and numerous wind tunnel tests, the aerodynamics of the helmet were optimised, too.
This helmet by POC comes with a robust unibody PC outer shell, a tough EPS inner shell and the MIPS PROTECTION SYSTEM, making it your bodyguard on the road. The rear edge of the helmet also helps reduce air turbulence.
• Road helmet with robust unibody polycarbonate outer shell
• Made with MIPS INTEGRA BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
• Shock-absorbing EPS inner shell for a low weight and good protection
• Optimised aerodynamic design based on flow analyses
• Internal airflow channels for ventilation at high and low speeds without compromising aerodynamic performance
• Aero rear edge helps reduce air turbulence
• Adjustable strap system with buckle, integrated into the shell
• Precisely adjustable 360° fitting system at the rear of the head
• POC Eye Garage consisting of two silicone pads in the front vents to comfortably store (sun)glasses while riding
• EN1078, CPSC 12.03, AS/NZ 2063
• Weight: approx. 260 g (size M)
WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a slip-plane system within the helmet. It is designed to rotate inside the helmet and thus slow down or reduce the impact energy acting on the brain, which helps reduce head injuries caused by rotational impacts.
WHY IS MIPS IMPORTANT?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration may cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. This stretching of the tissue caused by these motions may result in various types of brain injury. MIPS is designed with the intent to address rotational acceleration from impact.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 10755 1001
- Helmet features: