- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
GC-Forty Disc 28"/700 C Carbon Gravel Wheelset I SHIMANO HG I SRAM I 24 Spokes
Product code: 231693001
Price incl. VAT plus €20.45 (for delivery to United States of America)
The ROSE GC-Forty Disc Carbon Gravel wheelset is the Gravel King in our ROSE racing family. With the elegant carbon rim designed for adventure, you'll race over demanding off-road tracks with ease. The combination of a medium-high rim profile of 37 mm and a wide inner width of 25 mm for wide tyres results in a real race feeling and massive comfort at the same time. The carbon absorbs shocks, thus improving ride comfort and cushioning your ride not only on the road, but also on rough surfaces.
Everything stands and falls with the rim
The high-end carbon rims of the ROSE RC-Forty Disc gravel wheelset were fully developed in-house and have a special construction that makes them very light and yet stable and durable. Of course, we follow the trend towards wider tyres and gave the rim a full inner width of 25 mm and “tubeless-ready” compatibility ex works.
Naturally, you can also ride the GC-Forty Carbon wheels in a conventional way with conventional tyres and inner tubes.
Thanks to the asymmetrical and bellied rim profile, the carbon rims not only minimize air resistance, but also reduce annoying air turbulence. Even strong side winds are optimally dissipated. As a rider, you’ll feel fully in control over your gravel bike in every riding situation. Plus, you can save valuable energy for the really important duels in the Gravel Race. Be it against your competitors in a sprint, against the mountain on a 15% gradient or simply against you and your weaker self.
The hub is the "heart"
We didn’t want to compromise on the hubs! That is why they come from Newmen – a small but excellent material forge for high-end components. The CNC-milled hub body with the lowest tolerances has a high material thickness at the neuralgic points, e.g. the highly loaded transition between the front disc holder and the spoke flange, and thus large safety reserves. At other points, the material could again be reduced to such an extent that a very low hub weight was nevertheless achieved. In the rear wheel hub, a freewheel with a precise ratchet system also ensures direct traction and maximum propulsion. The high-quality, double-sealed industrial bearings with our specially developed high-performance grease filling guarantees reliable and long-lasting function as well as extremely simple operation. An often complicated adjustment of the bearing clearance is not necessary.
Robust aero spokes and inverted nipples
Strong SAPIM CX-Sprint Straightpull Aero spokes provide a stable and reliable connection between the Newman hubs and ROSE GC-Forty carbon rims. 24 spokes in the front and the rear wheel and the 2-fold crossed spoking are designed to handle high loads when used with the modern, powerful disc brakes. The reliable SAPIM aluminium spoke nipples lie aerodynamically inside the rim and are mounted inverted, so basically “wrong way around”. The nipple is supported on conically shaped SAPIM nipple washers, which ensures an even distribution of the load and thus a relief of both the spokes and the rims. This drastically reduces the probability of spokes breaking.
Nothing beats honest craftmanship
In line with our long-standing company tradition, we completely dispensed with mechanical spoking in the ROSE RC-Forty disc wheelset. Instead, each individual wheel is spoked and centred by hand at our company headquarter in Bocholt. This way, our experienced wheel builders guarantee the best possible quality in spoke tension and concentricity.
• Rim material: carbon
• Asymmetric disc brake specific profile
• Rim width/depth: approx. 31 mm / 37 mm
• Inner rim width: 25 mm
• Tubeless ready
• For Presta valve
Spokes & nipples:
• Spoke type: SAPIM CX-Sprint Straightpull Aero Spokes (dimensions: 2.0 - (2.25 x 1.25) - 2.0)
• Number of spokes: 24 pcs each
• Spoke nipples: SAPIM Aluminium nipples (inverted); mounted in SAPIM nipple washers
• Spoke pattern: 2-cross
• Housing material: CNC-milled aluminium
• Front hub: 2-fold cartridge bearings (double sealed)
• Rear hub: 4-fold cartridge bearings (double sealed)
• NEWMEN FADE pawl system (3 pawls, 10.9° degree engagement)
• For disc brakes
• CentreLock brake disc mount (also compatible with 6-hole disc rotors via adapter)
• 8-/9-/10-/11-/12-speed SHIMANO / SRAM compatible (Road)
• Front hub dimensions: 12 x 100 mm (thru axle)
• Rear hub dimensions: 12 x 142 mm (thru axle)
• Recommended for 30 mm - 62 mm tyres
• Recommended rim tape width: 25mm
• ASTM classification: 2 (suitable for use on and off the road and for drops of up to 15 cm)
• Max. system weight: 110 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
• ETRTO: 622 x 25 C
• Wheelset: approx. 1,500 g
In the box:
• ROSE GC-Forty Disc Carbon Road Bike Wheelset including
• Tubeless ready rim tape (pre-assembled, also suitable for conventional inner tubes)
• ROSE tubeless valves
• ROSE Double Wheel Guard Bag, size M
Tubeless sealant is NOT included in the delivery.
Due to our high-quality and very durable grease filling and the fixed bearing clearance, the hub bearings can run somewhat heavier at the beginning. However, this has no effect on the riding and disappears after a short running-in time.
Customers whose wheels have been damaged in an accident or fall within 6 years will receive a 50% discount on a new set of wheels within our Crash Replacement Program (terms and conditions apply).
- Material: carbon:
- Tubeless ready:
- 12 x 100 mm, 12 x 142 mm
- Freehub body:
- Shimano/compatible with Shimano/SRAM, Shimano HG Road 12-fach