Since the foundation of our company 1907, our passion for cycling in all its facets has enabled us to gain valuable experience in the development of high performance rims. With the hand-laced GC-Forty Disc Carbon wheelset for pure gravel bikes, we present the absolute ne plus ultra, made by ROSE Bikes for demanding gravel trails, epic adventure rides, or challenging bike-packing tours!
All this garnished with a convincing, simple design and an outstanding price-performance ratio.
Everything stands and falls with the rim
The high-end carbon rims of the ROSE RC-Forty Disc gravel wheelset were fully developed in-house and have a special construction that makes them very light and yet very stable and durable. The rim depth of 37 mm and impressive 24 mm inner rim width perfectly harmonise with modern, wide gravel tyres and the optimised support ensure not just a better grip, but also riding safety.
Depending on their application, the GC-Forty rims are as-is tubeless-ready and demonstrate strong performance in terms of rolling resistance, comfort, and puncture protection. Of course you can also ride the wheels in a conventional way with classic tyres and inner tubes.
ROSE made by NEWMEN!
We didn’t want to compromise on the hubs! That’s why their DNA is based on the FADE generation of hubs from the company NEWMEN - a small, but fine, forger of high-end components, based in the Allgäu.
The elegant, CNC-milled hub body made from high-quality aluminium is equipped with high safety reserves but still maintains a low hub weight. In the rear wheel hub, a large FADE freewheel system with a precise ratchet system also ensures direct engagement and maximum propulsion. The large size of the FADE system reduces the forces occurring within the freewheel and the newly-designed tooth profile ensures significantly less freewheel noise. The three pawls are designed to be very short and wide, which provides a more even distribution of and therefore reliable and material-friendly power transfer.
The high-quality, double-sealed industrial bearings guarantee smooth-rolling and long-lasting functionality as well as extremely simple operation. A frequently complicated adjustment of the bearing clearance is not necessary.
Robust aero spokes and inverted nipples
Strong SAPIM CX-Sprint Straightpull Aero spokes provide a stable and reliable connection between the Newman hubs and ROSE GC-Forty carbon rims. 24 pieces each in the front and rear wheel and the 2-fold crossed spoke take into account the high loads when used in the modern, powerful disc brakes. The reliable SAPIM aluminium spoke nipples lie aerodynamically inside the rim and are mounted inverted, so basically “wrong way around”. The nipple is supported on conically shaped SAPIM nipple washers, which ensures an even distribution of the load and thus a relief of both the spokes and the rims. This drastically reduces the probability of spokes breaking.
Nothing beats honest craftmanship
In line with our long-standing company tradition, we completely dispensed with mechanical spoking in the ROSE RC-Forty disc wheelset. Instead, each individual wheel is spoked and centred by hand at our company headquarter in Bocholt. This way, our experienced wheel builders guarantee the best possible quality in spoke tension and concentricity.
• Rim material: carbon
• Asymmetric disc brake specific profile
• Rim width/depth: approx. 31 mm / 37 mm
• Inner rim width: 24 mm
• For Presta valve
Spokes & nipples:
• Spoke type: SAPIM CX-Sprint Straightpull Aero Spokes (dimensions: 2.0 - (2.25 x 1.25) - 2.0)
• Number of spokes: 24 pcs each
• Spoke nipples: SAPIM Aluminium nipples (inverted); mounted in SAPIM nipple washers
• Spoke pattern: 2-cross
• Housing material: CNC-milled aluminium
• Front hub: solid 17 mm axle, 2 cartridge bearings (double seal)
• Rear hub: solid 17/15 mm axle, 4 cartridge bearings (double seal), NEWMEN FADE pawl system (3 pawls, 10.9° engagement)
• For disc brakes
• CenterLock brake disc mount (also compatible with 6-hole disc rotors via adapter, e.g. DT Swiss Center Lock adapter, product code 2255955)
• 8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano / SRAM compatible (Road)
• Front hub: 12 x 100 mm (thru axle)
• Rear hub: 12 x 142 mm (thru axle)
• Recommended for tyre widths 33 mm - 55 mm
• ASTM classification: 2 (suitable for use on and off the road and for drops of up to 15 cm)
• Max. system weight: 110 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
• ETRTO: 622 x 24 C
• Wheelset: approx. 1527 g
• Front wheel: approx. 714 g
• Rear wheel: approx. 813 g
In the box:
ROSE GC-Forty Disc Carbon Road Bike Wheelset including
• Tubeless ready rim tape (pre-assembled, also suitable for conventional inner tubes)
• Tubeless valves
• ROSE Double Wheel Guard Bag, Size M
Due to our high-quality and very durable grease filling and the fixed bearing clearance, the hub bearings can run somewhat heavier at the beginning. However, this has no effect on the riding and disappears after a short running-in time.
Tubeless sealant is NOT included in the delivery.
Customers whose wheels have been damaged in an accident or fall within 6 years will receive a 50% discount on a new set of wheels within our Crash Replacement Program (terms and conditions apply).