With the oval Q-ring chainrings by ROTOR, you will experience less fatigue and ride longer and faster because you will use your power more efficiently. The Q-Rings vary the resistance during pedalling according to the natural strengths and weaknesses of your legs. The smaller diameter of the oval is directed towards the weakest point of your power input and the larger one towards the strongest point. In this way, the most productive part of your pedal stroke is used optimally, whereas the time is reduced for the less productive part. This makes your pedal stroke feel much smoother than with classic, round chainrings. Sounds strange.... but that’s how it is!
All Direct Mount chainrings by ROTOR come in a one-piece design and are milled from one block. As this process is technically complex, it requires computer-controlled high-tech production facilities. The result are beautiful chainrings that perfectly integrate into SHIMANO, SRAM or Campagnolo groupsets once fitted to the crank. By the way, the chainrings of the ROTOR Road Direct Mount cranks ALDHU and VEGAST and the two powermeters INpower DM Road and 2INpower DM Road are identical and thus interchangeable.
• Intended use: road, gravel, cyclocross, TT, triathlon
• Suitable for ROTOR 2INpower DM Road, 2INpower DM Road, ALDHU, VEGAST
• Advanced OCP mount technology for adjusting the optimal chainring in 1° steps
• CNC milled from lightweight 7075 aerospace aluminium
• Weight reduction and easy installation thanks to less small parts, without compromising on durability
• For double drivetrains
• Material: CNC milled 7075 Aluminium
• Standard: ROTOR Direct Mount
• Ovality: 12.5%
• Compatibility: 10-/11-/12-/13-speed (SHIMANO, SRAM, Campagnolo, ROTOR)
• Weight: approx. 178 g (52/36 teeth)
Available in gear ratios:
• No. of teeth 50/34 (compact)
• No. of teeth 52/36 (semi-compact)
• No. of teeth 53/39 (standard)
Please indicate your choice.
Compatible Road cranksarms:
• ROTOR VEGAST Road Direct Mount Crankarms for 30 mm axles (prod. code 2311478)
• ROTOR ALDHU Road Direct Mount Crankarms for 30 mm axles (prod. code 2311468)
• ROTOR ALDHU24 Road Direct Mount Crankarms for 24 mm axles (prod. code 2311480)
• ROTOR 2INpower Road DM Crank Powermeter (prod. code 2281589)
• ROTOR INpower Road DM Crank Powermeter (prod. code 2281584)
In the box:
• 1 ROTOR DM MTB Q-Rings Direct Mount double chainring OVAL 2x
All current ROTOR cranks of the Road Series ALDHU and VEGAST, the MTB series RHAWK , RRAPTOR and KAPIC as well as the powermeters INpower DM and 2INpower DM use the established Direct Mount system for chainring installation. A system that has proven its worth in mountain biking for years. This allows for easy chainring replacement, direct engagement on the axle and maximum flexibility in the choice of gear ratios and drivetrain characteristics. Moreover, the fine toothing between crank and chainring allows you to adjust the oval ROTOR Q-rings to within 1° of accuracy.
OCP "Optimal Chainring Position":
The optimal chainring position is very important for oval chainrings. OCP stands for the various setup positions that the ROTOR Q-Rings offers in order to adjust to a rider’s specific pedalling style. You can determine your OCP if you know your optimal chainring angle (OCA), which you can find out using the TORQUE 360 pedal analysis with the ROTOR POWER analytics software (optional ROTOR INpower or 2INpower powermeter required).