- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
A power meter on a mountain bike? Does that make sense? Definitely!
And with the ROTOR INpower MTB DM power meter, performance-based MTB training is now attractive for beginners, too. The easy handling of the power meter, as well as the simple analysis with visual graphics with the help of the matching ROTOR POWER software allow for effective training with power measurement, without requiring great technical expertise.
This is a considerable advantage over heart rate based training, since power in watts is not subject to any fluctuations in temperature, altitude or numerous individual influences like your form of the day or stress. Therefore, the measured values are extremely precise and comparable. Of course, it is not always possible to pedal evenly with a specific wattage on a mountain bike. Steep climbs and technical descents confront riders with a variety of challenges. However, marathon and cross-country riders in particular benefit from the significantly higher quality of the basic training and the (additional) knowledge of their own performance, especially the personal FTP threshold (see below). In this way, recreational tours, as well as complete races can be checked and planned in advance. The result is a more wonderful adventure without unnecessary torture when crossing the Alps or a better placement without a drop in performance.
The ROTOR INpower MTB powermeter crank measures your wattage of your left leg using opposing strain gauges in the axle. Moreover, the crank delivers accurate data on cadence, pedalling efficiency as well as on power and torque efficiency. The high-quality measuring equipment is placed inside the axle, so that it is visually integrated as well as well-protected. There is no need for expensive maintenance or battery replacements in the workshop. Standard AA batteries are included and provide enough power for 300 training hours. The sealed battery compartment makes it is easy for any rider to quickly change the batteries.
When used in combination with the included oval Direct Mount MTB Q-Ring by ROTOR, the INpower MTB DM crankset achieves maximum performance for even more efficiency and comfort. The special chainrings show their advantages to the full, especially in the often irregular pedal cycle and on steep climbs. They allow a noticeably more rounded pedalling feeling on steep passages and on unpaved surfaces, with much lower systemic dead centres. It is precisely these dead points that have a much greater impact on mountain biking than on a road biking and commonly result in having to dismount. The ROTOR POWER analysis software allows you to individually adjust the chainring position with the to best suit your personal preferences (OCP=optimal chainring position), so you can use your power more effectively and relieve your muscles and joints. This simply results in increased speed and endurance!
• Incl. ROTOR Q-Rings Direct Mount chainring (1x, oval, available separately under prod. code 2281672)
• Protected against dust and water, as the measuring technology is integrated into the axle
• Resistant to temperature changes
• Measured on the left side
• Battery is easy to replace with a standard AA cell (not included)
• Easy, intuitive, tool-free calibration
• ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart transmission
• Hollow crankarms with “Trinity Drilling”
• Direct Mount chainrings
• Compatible with oval and round single chainrings with ROTOR one-piece design (MTB)
• Compatible with ALDHU / VEGAST Spider BCD 110 x 4
• Oval ROTOR Q-Rings adjustable with an accuracy of +/- 1°
• TORQUE360 feature
• Optimum Chainring Angle (OCA)
• Optimum Chainring Position (OCP)
• Can be updated
• Compatible with almost all crankset standards (UBB30)
• Material: CNC-milled 6082/7075 aluminium
• Axle Ø: 30 mm (BB30)
• Compatibility bottom bracket shells: BB30 / PF30 / BSA / BB89 / BB92
• Q factor: 169 mm (BOOST)
• Chainline: 52 mm (BOOST)
• Chainring mount: Direct Mount
• Number of chainring teeth: 34 teeth / 36 teeth (please indicate your choice)
• Ovality chainring: 12.5%
• Compatible chainrings: 10-/11-/12-/13-speed (SHIMANO, SRAM, ROTOR)
• Crank arm length: 170 mm / 175 mm (please indicate your choice)
• Data transfer: Bluetooth and ANT+
• Battery/battery pack standard 1.5V AA cell
• Water resistance: IPX7
• Weight: approx. 544 g (170 mm / without chainrings)
Compatible bottom brackets:
• ROTOR BSA30 bottom bracket cups (prod. code 2104328)
• ROTOR BSA30 ceramic bottom bracket (prod. code 2311489)
• ROTOR PRESS FIT 4130 bottom bracket ROAD/MTB BB86/89/92 (prod. code 2097143)
• ROTOR PRESS FIT 4130 ceramic bottom bracket ROAD/MTB BB86/89/92 (prod. code 2311496)
• ROTOR Press Fit 4630 bottom bracket PressFit30, BB386 EVO und BBRight (prod. code 2111054)
• ROTOR Press Fit 4630 ceramic bottom bracket PressFit30, BB386 EVO und BBRight (prod. code 2311494)
• ROTOR BB30 bearing kit (prod. code 2311491)
In the box:
ROTOR INpower MTB DM Powermeter crank WITHOUT bottom bracket, incl.
• Q-Rings Direct Mount chainring (singlespeed, oval)
• Spacer, washer, and spacer chart
• Assembly tool for Direct Mount chainrings (DM nut tool, additional SHIMANO Hollowtech II tools required)
All current ROTOR cranks of the Road Series ALDHU and VEGAST, the MTB series RHAWK , RRAPTOR and KAPIC as well as the powermeters INpower DM and 2INpower DM use the established Direct Mount system for chainring installation. A system that has proven its worth in mountain biking for years. This allows for easy chainring replacement, direct engagement on the axle and maximum flexibility in the choice of gear ratios and drivetrain characteristics. Moreover, the fine toothing between crank and chainring allows you to adjust the oval ROTOR Q-rings to within 1° of accuracy.
ROTOR POWER analytics software:
All ROTOR powermeters let you simply analyse your cadence using the free ROTOR POWER analytics software for computers (available for Windows/Mac download on the ROTOR homepage) as well as the app for smartphones or tablets (available in the App Store for iOS or Google Play Store for Android). The software also lets you alignment and visualization of the oval ROTOR Q-Rings and chart the power distribution of a 360° rotation. For rapid and simple efficiency optimisation.
This feature shows you how smoothly you are pedalling. It is the ratio between the average and highest power per pedal stroke, measured in percentages.
OCA "Optimal Chainring Angle":
This feature lets you determine at which angle of the crank arm you are using the most force. Especially when used with oval chainrings, this lets you very quickly determine the optimal chainring position.
OCP "Optimal Chainring Position":
The optimal chainring position is very important for oval chainrings. OCP stands for the various setup positions that the ROTOR Q-Rings offers in order to adjust to a rider’s specific pedalling style. You can determine your OCP if you know your optimal chainring angle (OCA), which you can find out using the TORQUE 360 pedal analysis with the ROTOR POWER analytics software. The OCP is only available in connection with ROTOR Q-Rings.
The INpower technology can chart the torque applied to the pedals and visualises the distribution of power in a pedal revolution from all angles.
The ROTOR INpower technology doesn’t combine the power measurement of both legs, but instead measures each individually. So you can analyse the full pedal revolution and determine how forces are applied on the down-stroke (positive) as well as up-stroke (usually a negative value).
The TORQUE 360 graph is helpful for learning your individual pedalling pattern and for improving your pedalling technique.
Functional Threshold Power (FTP):
The Functional Threshold Power (FTP) is an important value for analytics. This shows how much power you can maintain over one hour without getting exhausted. It is uses a 20 minute FTP test to determine the values and derive the areas for training. This allows you to significantly improve the management of your training. Knowing your FTP value is also helpful for competitions and long ascents, so you don’t overpace and can better distribute your strength. Helping you get to the top faster or be further ahead in the race.
- Manufacturer`s ref.: