Do you already have a modular ROTOR OCP direct mount crankset for your road or mountain bike? Then this is your chance to revolutionise your training and turn your crankset into a capable powermeter with the ROTOR INSpider power measurement solution!
The spider-based powermeter helps you achieve bigger successes, as it allows for performance-oriented training thanks to easy handling. This is a considerable advantage over heart rate based training, since power in watts is not subject to any fluctuations in temperature, altitude or numerous individual influences like your form of the day or stress. This makes the measured values extremely precise and comparable.
Classified somewhere between the crank-based powermeters ROTOR 2INpower and ROTOR INpower, INSpider simply mounts on the crank with the ROTOR OCP Direct Mount system.
4 sets of opposing gauges measure power from both legs and calculates accurate left-right data. In this way, it precisely records power output while showing potential for improvements. The INSpider offers temperature measurement to automatically compensate for temperate changes and other fluctuations. Moreover, the spider delivers accurate data on cadence, pedalling efficiency as well as on power and torque efficiency. The integrated lithium-ion battery may be charged via USB cable and offers enough power for approx. 200 hours of training.
When used in combination with the oval Q-Rings by ROTOR, the INSpider achieves maximum performance for even more efficiency and comfort. The ROTOR POWER analysis software allows you to individually adjust the chainring position to best suit your personal preferences (OCP = optimal chainring position), so you have a “rounder” pedal rotation and can use your power more effectively and relieve your muscles and joints. This simply results in increased speed and endurance!
For the ROTOR INSpider aero crown that helps improve aerodynamics on your road or triathlon bike, see product code 2296455.
• Mounting and retrofitting on any ROTOR OCP direct mount crankset for 1x and 2x road bike systems and 1x MTB systems
• Protected against dust and water, as the measuring technology is protected inside the housing
• Resistant to temperature changes
• Measures power from both legs (right & left)
• Lithium-ion battery rechargeable via a magnetic USB cable (included)
• Easy, intuitive, tool-free calibration
• Compatible with ROTOR analysis software and APP (Windows, OS X, iOS and Android)
• ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart transmission
• Oval ROTOR Q-Rings adjustable with an accuracy of +/- 1°
• TORQUE360 feature
• Optimum Chainring Angle (OCA)
• Optimum Chainring Position (OCP)
• Can be updated
• Material: CNC milled 7075 Aluminium
• Standard: ROTOR Direct Mount
• Chainring mount (bolt circle): 4 x 110 mm (BCD asymmetric - ROTOR / SHIMANO standard)
• Data transfer: Bluetooth and ANT+
• Built-in lithium-ion battery (rechargeable)
• Battery life: approx. 200 hours
• Water resistance: IPX7
• Weight: approx. 149 g
Compatible road bike cranksets (singlespeed & double)
• ROTOR ALDHU (prod. code 2311468)
• ROTOR ALDHU 24 (prod. code 2311480)
• ROTOR VEGAST (prod. code 2311478)
Compatible mountain bike cranksets (singlespeed):
• ROTOR KAPIC Carbon (prod. code 2311484)
• ROTOR KAPIC (prod. code 2285355)
• ROTOR R-HAWK
• ROTOR R-RAPTOR
Compatible chainrings (optional):
• ROTOR Q-Rings aero chainring, outer, oval, double (product code: 2296458)
• ROTOR Q-Rings chainring, outer, oval, double (product code: 2311451)
• ROTOR Q-Rings chainring, inner, oval, double (product code: 2298777)
• ROTOR R-Ring aero chainring, outer, round, double (product code: 2296467)
• ROTOR R-Ring chainring, inner, round, double (product code: 2298818)
In the box:
• 1 ROTOR INSpider powermeter 110x4 (Road/MTB)
• 1 USB charging cable
All current ROTOR cranks of the Road Series ALDHU and VEGAST, the MTB series RHAWK , RRAPTOR and KAPIC as well as the powermeters INpower DM and 2INpower DM use the established Direct Mount system for chainring installation. A system that has proven its worth in mountain biking for years. This allows for easy chainring replacement, direct engagement on the axle and maximum flexibility in the choice of gear ratios and drivetrain characteristics. Moreover, the fine toothing between crank and chainring allows you to adjust the oval ROTOR Q-rings to within 1° of accuracy.
The cranks are compatible with classic round or oval chainrings for single or double drive units with the ROTOR one-piece design. The optimal Direct Mount spider gives you the option of using further spider-based chainrings.
ROTOR POWER analytics software:
All ROTOR powermeters let you simply analyse your cadence using the free ROTOR POWER analytics software for computers (available for Windows/Mac download on the ROTOR homepage) as well as the app for smartphones or tablets (available in the App Store for iOS or Google Play Store for Android). The software also lets you alignment and visualization of the oval ROTOR Q-Rings and chart the power distribution of a 360° rotation. For rapid and simple efficiency optimisation.
This feature shows you how smoothly you are pedalling. It is the ratio between the average and highest power per pedal stroke, measured in percentages.
OCA "Optimal Chainring Angle":
This feature lets you determine at which angle of the crank arm you are using the most force. Especially when used with oval chainrings, this lets you very quickly determine the optimal chainring position.
OCP "Optimal Chainring Position":
The optimal chainring position is very important for oval chainrings. OCP stands for the various setup positions that the ROTOR Q-Rings offers in order to adjust to a rider’s specific pedalling style. You can determine your OCP if you know your optimal chainring angle (OCA), which you can find out using the TORQUE 360 pedal analysis with the ROTOR POWER analytics software. The OCP is only available in connection with ROTOR Q-Rings.
The INpower technology can chart the torque applied to the pedals and visualises the distribution of power in a pedal revolution from all angles.
The ROTOR INpower technology doesn’t combine the power measurement of both legs, but instead measures each individually. So you can analyse the full pedal revolution and determine how forces are applied on the down-stroke (positive) as well as up-stroke (usually a negative value).
The TORQUE 360 graph is helpful for learning your individual pedalling pattern and for improving your pedalling technique.
Functional Threshold Power (FTP):
The Functional Threshold Power (FTP) is an important value for analytics. This shows how much power you can maintain over one hour without getting exhausted. It is uses a 20 minute FTP test to determine the values and derive the areas for training. This allows you to significantly improve the management of your training. Knowing your FTP value is also helpful for competitions and long ascents, so you don’t overpace and can better distribute your strength. Helping you get to the top faster or be further ahead in the race.