- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
KAPIC CARBON MTB Direct Mount Crankarms
Price incl. VAT plus €16.35 (for delivery to United States of America)
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
With the KAPIC CARBON, ROTOR has launched an extremely lightweight and stiff mountain bike crankset made from carbon fibres, for tough cross-country and marathon races. It was named after the legendary Cape Epic, the prestigious stage race on the African continent. Various ROTOR athletes have already celebrated six victories for the Spanish bike experts.
The KAPIC series shares the same practical modular construction as the gravity crankarms ROTOR R-HAWK and R-RAPTOR. This way, the carbon crankarms can be adapted to almost every frame standard as well as personal preferences, using different axles and chainrings.
BOOST or non-BOOST frame? Oval or round chainrings? Fast change of chainrings in order to adapt the transmission to ground conditions? No problem for the KAPIC CARBON crankset!
• Intended use: MTB
• Lightweight and stiff carbon crankset system with modular construction
• Direct Mount chainrings
• Compatible with single chainrings with ROTOR one-piece design (MTB)
• Compatible with ALDHU / VEGAST Spider BCD 110 x 4
• Oval ROTOR Q-Rings adjustable with an accuracy of +/- 1°
• Compatible with almost all crankset standards (UBB30)
• Compatible with MTB groups from SHIMANO or SRAM
• Material: carbon
• Chainring mount: Direct Mount
• Axle Ø: 30 mm (BB30)
• Chainline: 49.5 mm (with standard axle) or 52.5 mm (with BOOST axle)
• Q factor: 164 mm (with standard axle) or 170 mm (with BOOST axle)
• Crank arm length: 170 mm / 175 mm (please indicate your choice)
• Compatibility bottom bracket shells: BB30 / PF30 / BSA / BB89 / BB92
• Weight: approx. 429 g (175 mm / 32 teeth chainring / KAPIC BOOST shaft / without bottom bracket)
• ROTOR DM MTB Q-rings Direct Mount chainring OVAL (prod. code 2281672)
• DM MTB No-Q-rings Direct Mount chainring ROUND (prod. code 2285389)
Compatible spider (for 4 x 110 mm bolt circle chainrings):
• ROTOR ALDHU / VEGAST Spider BCD 110 x 4 for single- and double-speed (prod. code 2311467)
• ROTOR standard axle KAPIC 30 mm (prod. code 2285384)
• ROTOR BOOST axle KAPIC 30 mm (prod. code 2285383)
Additional spacers might be required:
• ROTOR spacer kit KAPIC MTB BOOST / standard axle 30 mm (prod. code 2285391)
Compatible bottom brackets:
• ROTOR BSA30 bottom bracket (prod. code 2104328)
• ROTOR BSA30 ceramic bottom bracket (prod. code 2311489)
• ROTOR PRESS FIT 4130 bottom bracket ROAD/MTB BB86/89/92 (prod. code 2097143)
• ROTOR PRESS FIT 4130 ceramic bottom bracket ROAD/MTB BB86/89/92 (prod. code 2311496)
• ROTOR Press Fit 4630 bottom bracket PressFit30, BB386 EVO und BBRight (prod. code 2111054)
• ROTOR Press Fit 4630 ceramic bottom bracket PressFit30, BB386 EVO und BBRight (prod. code 2311494)
• ROTOR BB30 bearing kit (prod. code 2311491)
In the box:
• 1 ROTOR KAPIC CARBON left crankarm
• 1 ROTOR KAPIC CARBON right crankarm
WITHOUT axle, WITHOUT chainring and WITHOUT bottom bracket!
All current ROTOR cranks of the Road Series ALDHU and VEGAST, the MTB series RHAWK , RRAPTOR and KAPIC as well as the powermeters INpower DM and 2INpower DM use the established Direct Mount system for chainring installation. A system that has proven its worth in mountain biking for years. This allows for easy chainring replacement, direct engagement on the axle and maximum flexibility in the choice of gear ratios and drivetrain characteristics. Moreover, the fine toothing between crank and chainring allows you to adjust the oval ROTOR Q rings with 1° accuracy.
- Manufacturer`s ref.: