- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
smith optics DISPATCH MIPS Bike Helmet
129.95 € RRP €170.00
Price incl. VAT plus €16.35 (for delivery to United States of America)
Product code: 233513101
Colour matte black
Made for daily commutes and urban cycling – the DISPATCH cycle helmet by SMITH OPTICS provides comfort and protection while you ride through the urban jungle on your bike. The proven MIPS system has been combined with KOROYD technology, which provides even better impact protection in the event of an crash. Thanks to the clever VAPORFIT system, you can adjust the fit of the bike helmet in no time at all. The FIDLOCK buckle allows for single-handed operation, while the AIREVAC ventilation system keeps you cool.
In addition, the city helmet comes with an integrated and rechargeable LED rear light.
On the road with your e-bike? No problem, because this helmet is e-bike certified!
• Versatile and e-bike certified urban bike helmet
• Made with MIPS Brain Protection System for excellent impact protection
• Shock-absorbing KOROYD technology for even more protection and lightness
• Integrated and rechargeable LED rear light at the back of the head
• Adjustable through 270 degrees thanks to VARPORFIT system with adjustment wheel at the rear of the head
• AIREVAC ventilation system with 8 vents for optimal ventilation
• Slightly extended front part with micro visor design
• Easy to close and open FIDLOCK buckle
• Light, single-layer and length-adjustable strap system
• Removable and washable Ionic+ liner pads
• NTA8776 (E-BIKE), CPSC, CE EN 1078, AS/NZS2063
• Weight: approx. 360 g (size M)
Ventilation holes in the front section of the helmet allow for a constant air flow. Thus, cool air can enter the ventilation system while warm air can escape through the rear vents. The constant airflow provides especially high comfort and optimal temperature regulation.
Thousands of small and very light polymer tubes form the Koroyd core that offers especially high impact resistance. Besides, the energy-absorbing material is very breathable, which ensures perfect thermoregulation and keeps your head cool while cycling. Integrated ventilation channels support the ventilation concept.
WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a slip-plane system within the helmet. It is designed to rotate inside the helmet and thus slow down or reduce the impact energy acting on the brain, which helps reduce head injuries caused by rotational impacts.
WHY IS MIPS IMPORTANT?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration may cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. This stretching of the tissue caused by these motions may result in various types of brain injury. MIPS is designed with the intent to address rotational acceleration from impact.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
Individual fitting system with a full 5cm of rotary adjustability using a dial. An adjustment is possible both in height and in head circumference.
- Rechargeable battery:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- Helmet features: