Experience the performance and flexibility of modern indoor training – whenever and wherever you like. With the Tacx Boost roller trainer you won’t be tied down to a power supply and you’ll be just as well equipped for intensive workouts a home as you are for warm-ups before competitions. Just mount the bike and off you go.
The Tacx Boost’s magnetic induction brake has two 8 ferrite permanent magnets that are capable of producing a high resistance, even at low speeds. Use the handlebar lever to switch through the ten levels, all the way up to 1050 watts . From intensive interval training all the way to performance-based power workouts – it’s all possible. The enclosed braking unit stays quiet while running, while the 1.65 kg heavy flywheel provides a real road feeling. The stabilising Skyliner front wheel support is also included with the trainer, so that you can keep control, even on explosive sprints.
Anyone looking for an extra workout can just add the Tacx Boost to their smart trainer. Together with the Garmin Speed Sensor 2 (also available as a set, see prod. code 2310373), you can also use your trainer with compatible cycling apps, such as Zwift, TrainerRoad or the Tacx app. By entering the resistance level, the virtual power technology can automatically calculate your wattage. So you have plenty of options when you use the Tacx Boost roller trainer – from mobile usage to virtual cycling.
• Wheel-on roller trainer with handlebar lever
• Manually-controlled magnetic brake with 10 levels of resistance
• Wired handlebar component, display indicates resistance level
• No power supply necessary
• Quiet thanks to enclosed braking unit
• Realistic riding feeling with 1.6 kg flywheel (simulates a mass inertia of 9.18 kg)
• Elastogel roll with centre tread made from hardened steel: sound absorbing, quiet, and wear-free
• Non-slip Skyliner front wheel support: stabilises and raises front wheel to the level of the rear wheel
• Virtual-power-ready*: can be combined with a speed sensor, virtual training using programmes such as Zwift, TrainerRoad, or the Tacx Training app
• Can be folded down to a small size, front wheel stand acts as a handle
• Special quick-release skewer for road bikes (130 mm) and mountain bikes (135 mm)
• Material: steel, plastic (casing); elastogel, hardened steel (drive unit)
• Drivetrain: wheel-on
• Resistance adjustment: manually adjusted magnetic brake
• Magnets: 2 x 8 ferrite magnets
• Resistance levels: 10
• Flywheel weight: approx. 1.6 kg
• Mass inertia (simulated): 9.18 kg
• Braking power: up to approx. 1050 watts
• Maximum torque: 17 Nm
• Maximum braking power: 50 N
• Compatible rear wheel sizes: 26” - 29” wheels with an outer diameter of 610 - 720 mm
• Compatible rear wheel hubs: 130/135 QR (thru axle adapter separately available, see below)
• Dimensions (unfolded): 675 × 650 x 410 mm
• Dimensions (when folded): approx. 565 x 410 x 245 mm
• Weight: approx. 8.53 kg
In the box:
• 1 Tacx Boost indoor trainer
• 1 Tacx Skyliner front wheel support (also separately available, see product code 1902963)
• 1 quick release skewer 130/135 x 5 mm
Compatible accessories at ROSE:
• Garmin speed sensor 2 (product code 2292480)
• Tacx indoor trainer tyres (product code 1910643)
• Tacx thru axle adapter (product code 2006415)
• Tacx sweat-catcher for smartphones (product code 2187057)
You can order the Tacx Boost Indoor Trainer in a convenient set, together with a speed sensor and 30-day premium access for the Tacx app – see product code 2310373.
The virtual training with Virtual Power requires a speed sensor and uses training modes that are based on your wattage. It does NOT support interactive training with automatic resistance adjustment. Find out more with the below video.