Price incl. VAT plus €122.95 (for delivery to United States of America)
Compared to the first version, the Flux 2 Smart T2980 turbo trainer by Tacx comes with a heavier flywheel and a stronger resistance unit to increase maximum resistance – for a much more realistic ride feel. So it can simulate inclines up to a 16% gradient at a constant pedalling frequency on your next virtual climb. Once fitted with the proper cassette, all you need to do is remove the rear wheel and attach the rear dropouts of your bike to the axle of the smart indoor trainer. That’s it.
The Tacx indoor trainer is extremely stable and provides maximum stability for ambitious training sessions at home. No matter if you are riding out of the saddle on simulated climbs or whether you are launching an attack. Since the direct drive comes with a modified axle mount, it offers enough space for bikes with long cage. Yet, there’s no cassette supplied with the trainer.
The rear axle of the Flux 2 is designed to make it compatible with more bikes – without the need for adapters. It is directly compatible with all bikes, so you’ll only need an additional adapter for 135x10 mm and 135x12 mm.
In combination with smart electronics, the massive, high-inertia flywheel represents the basis for reliable, constant power measurement. The trainer offers accurate power measurement and reduces the noise level and vibrations to a minimum. Coloured LED lights on the side of the Flux 2 Smart indicate if the trainer is powered and paired with a device via ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart (BLE). Once paired, you can use all functions of Tacx apps, the cloud website or your favourite applications. With videos and GPS trainings, alone or with friends. Create training plans, analyse your data and export your activities e.g. to Strava.
You can also use your favourite apps like Zwift or TrainerRoad to ride virtual races or document your goals. You can of course also train without using a software. The trainer’s smart electronics then control resistance in a progressive power curve, simulating riding on the flat.
With the help of the Tacx Utility App, you can update the firmware of your Flux 2 Smart to always benefit from the latest improvements and features.
• Extremely silent direct drive trainer
• Also for bikes with a long cage
• Measures speed, cadence and power
• Realistic ride feel
• Max. resistance: 2000 W
• Max. braking power: 120 N
• Accuracy: max. +/- 2.5 %
• Calibration: Spin down
• Max. simulated incline: 16% (up to a total weight of 75 kg)
• Climbing speed: 50 to 10 km/h
• Flywheel: 7.6 kg
• Mass inertia: 32 kg
• Resistance unit: contactless, zero maintenance, electronic brake
• Control: interactive
• Training in stand-alone mode (without tablet, smartphone etc.)
• Wireless connectivity: Bluetooth and ANT+ FE-C
• Data display and control via compatible sports watches and bike computers
• Free Tacx cycling and training software available for download on the Tacx website, in the App Store or in the Google Play Store (with a fee-based premium account you will have unlimited access to all features)
• Compatible with Tacx apps and third-party software supporting open ANT+ FE-C protocols, e.g. BKool, Kinomap, TrainerRoad, Zwift
• Power supply: 110-240 V
• LED display for operation and data connection
• Compatible axles: rear hub spacing Race 130 mm, MTB 135 mm, 142 mm and 148 mm (separate adapter required for 135 x 10 mm and 135 x 12 mm)
• Compatible cassettes: Shimano and SRAM 8-/9-/10-/11-speed (not included)
• Dimensions: approx. 67 x 65 x 47 cm
• Weight: approx. 23.9 kg
In the box:
• 1 Tacx Flux 2 Smart T2980 Heimtrainer
• 1 axle adapter for 5 x 130/135 mm QR incl. quick release
• 1 axle adapter for 12 x 142 mm thru axle
• 1 axle adapter for 12 x 148 mm BOOST axle
• 1 spacer for 9/10 speed cassettes
• 1 power cable
• 1 mounting kit
• 1 month subscription to the Tacx Premium software
Cassette NOT included.
EU plug included. For using the device in the UK you need an adapter 2 pin Euro into 3 pin UK.
For SRAM XD/XDR and Campagnolo cassettes, you’ll need a separate freehub body!
• Tacx freehub body SRAM XD/XDR T2875.76 (product code: 2297844)
• Tacx freehub body Campagnolo T2875.51 (C) (product code: 2297689)
• ANT+ dongle for synchronisation with external system devices, no integrated ANT+ radio technology (product code: 2268039)
• GARMIN HRM Pro™ chest strap for heart rate data (product code: 2308908)
• Tacx T2935 sweat set (product code: 2280657) consisting of the T2931 sweat cover (product code: 2187057) with a separate smartphone compartment and a high-quality Tacx T2940 towel
• Tacx tablet holder T2092 (product code: 2005692) or Tacx T2098 tablet stand (product code: 2054014) to position your tablet where you need it.