- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Thule's lightweight and practical bike carrier for bikes with quick release, which transports your bike in a stable and aerodynamic way on the bike fork.
For years, the Swedish manufacturer Thule has set the benchmark when it comes to high-quality, stable and easy-to-use bike racks for bike transport on and behind cars. The Thule OutRide 561 roof rack is a convenient solution, especially for bikes with quick-release skewers, if you want to transport them on the roof with as little air resistance as possible. The dropouts are simply inserted into the integrated quick release and clamped as usual. Additional adapters can also be used to attach forks with thru axle mounts. An adapter for 20 mm thru axles is already included. The rear wheel is secured with a diagonal ratchet strap. Both the quick-release lever and the carrier itself are lockable to give you a secure feeling during stops.
• Easy attachment via integrated quick release
• Can also be used for thru axles via adapter (adapter for 20 mm thru axles included)
• Suitable for bicycles with a tyre width of up to 3"
• Bike can be locked to the carrier and carrier to the cross bar
• Suitable for most bicycles with disc brakes and rim brakes
• Wheel holder suitable for bicycles with a tyre width of up to 3"
• Rim retaining strap with quick release fastener
• Can be mounted on most common carrier systems
• Compatible with Thule’s One-Key System (see accessories)
• Material: aluminium
• Suitable for 1 bike
• Max. tyre width: 3"
• Compatible axle dimensions: 5 x 100 mm standard quick release; 20 mm thru axles (via included adapter)
• Compatible load bars: 20 mm T-slot (e.g. for Thule WingBar Evo, WingBar, SlideBar, AeroBar, ProBar Evo); square and aluminium profiles up to max. 35 mm (e.g. Thule SquareBar)
• Max. load 17 kg
• Bikes lockable: yes
• Rack lockable: yes
• Dimensions: approx. 137 x 22 x 8 cm
• Weight: approx. 2.5 kg
In the box:
• 1 Thule OutRide bike roof rack
• 1 T-slot adapter 20 mm
• 1 SquareBar adapter
• 1 integrated quick release
• 1 thru axle adapter 20 mm
• 2 keys
• Thule One-Key-System 4 locking cylinder (prod. code 2254211)
• Thule One-Key-System 6 locking cylinder (prod. code 2254212)
• Thule thru axle adapter 15 x 100 mm (prod. code 1521069)
• Thule thru axle adapter 15 x 110 mm BOOST (prod. code 2275844)
• Thule thru axle adapter 12 x 100 mm (prod. code 2275845)
• Thule front wheel holder 547 (prod. code 2313656)
NOT suitable for carbon forks/dropouts.
For safety reasons, Thule points out that fork mounting on open dropouts is ONLY permitted if they have common safety guides (so-called Lawyer Lips, see illustration) with at least 21 mm contact surface.
Thule Guarantee: For information on guarantee conditions and the Thule Extended Warranty please see: https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/about-thule/warranty
For the practical M-Wave Rotterdam Pedal P protective bags see product code: 2295979.
Quick-releases have existed since the 1930s and originally allowed the rear wheel to be turned more quickly in order to change to the opposite "mountain sprocket". Then as now, installation required a certain minimum of care to ensure that the wheel was securely centred and firmly clamped. Years later, manufacturers introduced recesses in the dropouts to prevent the wheels from falling out in case of a loosened quick release. Since rumour has it that they were only introduced to avoid the litigiousness of American lawyers and accident-related million-dollar claims, the term "Lawyer Lips" has become established in American usage.
- No. of bikes: 2 bikes:
- No. of bikes: 3 bikes:
- No. of bikes: 4 bikes:
- Manufacturer`s ref.: