- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Do you want to take your bikes along on every adventure with your VW T6? No problem - with the Thule WanderWay 2 tailgate carrier!
The robust WanderWay 2 was specially developed by Thule for the VW T6 van. It is simply attached to the tailgate of your VW T6 van and has space for up to two bicycles. With optional adapters, you can connect a total of three (prod. code 2311332) or even four bikes (prod. code 2311333).
Installing the WanderWay 2 on your VW T6 is very easy and only takes a few minutes, because the carrier comes completely pre-assembled and everything that is additionally required for installation is already included in the scope of delivery. This means that the bicycle carrier is quickly ready for use.
Bicycles can also be loaded in no time at all. The bikes are attached using one bicycle support arm and two buckles on the bar that the bike stands on.
Once the carrier is installed, the trunk lid can still be opened as long as the bicycles are not loaded. So the WanderWay 2 can remain on the vehicle when not in use, without posing an issue. It folds up very easily and is ready for use in case it is needed.
As the tailgate carrier is mounted in a raised position, it does not block the view of the rear lights or number plate. To protect your bikes against theft, the tommy nuts each have a lock. The tommy nuts are also compatible with the Thule One-Key system, which allows you to use the same key for all your Thule products (such as prod. code 2254212).
• Tailgate bicycle carrier especially designed for the VW T6
• For 2 bicycles (expandable up to four bicycles)
• Easy loading and unloading of the bicycles
• Reliable transportation of bicycles weighing up to 30 kg each (approved for e-bikes)
• Detachable bike hold arm (compatible with Thule One-Key System)
• Customizable rails for easy loading
• Bikes can be locked on the carrier (key included in the box)
• Tommy nuts with AcuTight torque function to protect sensitive frame tubes, such as carbon – clicks when a torque of 5 Nm is reached
• Enables access to the luggage compartment (without load)
• No additional rear lights or number plates required
• Number of bikes: 2 (expandable up to 4)
• Dimensions when mounted (approx. LxWxH): 152 cm x 111 cm x 91 cm
• Dimensions when folded (approx. LxWxH): 152 cm x 47 cm x 91 cm
• Max. weight per bike: 30 kg
• Max. load on the bike rack: 60 kg
• Suitable for frame Ø: 22 - 80 mm
• Rail spacing: approx. 31 cm (less when extension rails are fitted)
• Max. tyre width: approx. 3”
• Max. wheel size: 29”
• Max. wheelbase 127 cm
• Weight: approx. 12.4 kg
In the box:
• 1 Thule WanderWay 2 tailgate bike for VW T6
• 2 keys
• 1 set of mounting accessories (custom-fit protective film, tools, etc.)
• Thule WanderWay Adapter Extension for the 3rd bike (prod. code 2311332)
• Thule WanderWay Adapter Extension for the 4th bike (prod. code 2311333)
• Thule One-Key-System 4 locking cylinder (prod. code 2254211)
• Thule One-Key-System 6 locking cylinder (prod. code 2254212)
ONLY suitable for carbon frames when used with the optional Thule Carbon Frame Protector 984 (prod. code 2253974)!
In terms of the maximum load on the tailgate (especially when driving, with both positive and negative acceleration), the maximum load of the carrier must never be exceeded!
NOT suitable for VW T6 transporter with hinged doors!
- No. of bikes: 3 bikes:
- No. of bikes: 4 bikes:
- No. of bikes: 2 bikes:
- Manufacturer`s ref.: