- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
The D3 CARBON MIPS full face helmet by TROY LEE DESIGNS comes with optimised head shape, improved EPS inner shell with increased shock absorption at the front area, new 3D cheek pads for anatomic fit and the renowned MIPS system to protect from rotational forces. The ideal combination for all those who are looking for a safe downhill helmet with optimum fit.
• Aerodynamic helmet shell made from carbon composite
• Kevlar and nylon reinforcements for even better shock absorption
• EPS inner shell
• Shock-absorbing Shock Pad System in shell and chin guard
• 14 air inlets above the front and chin
• Six air outlets at the back
• Removable and adjustable visor
• Deep ventilation channels integrated in the EPS shell for best ventilation
• Lightweight titanium at visor screws and D-ring chin closure
• Removable, washable padded liner made from COOLMAX and DRI-LEX material
• Preshaped 3D cheek pads with emergency release system, can be removed from security forces fast
• Purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration
• Including helmet bag and replacement visor
• MIPS system reduces rotational forces
• Certified to CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078:2002+A1:2012, ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15 and ASTM F2040-11
Manufacturer’s ref.: 195 184 80 (nightfall), 195 002 22 (MIDNIGHT black)
Weight: approx. 1.080 g (size M)
Thanks to its larger surface, this material wicks moisture away especially fast when sweating. In this way, it offers very good breathability and always ensures a dry and comfortable feeling.
The high-tech DRI-LEX lining is especially comfortable. It wicks moisture away from the skin and keeps you dry so that you can fully concentrate on riding.
WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a slip-plane system within the helmet designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head possibly reducing head injury from rotational impacts.
WHY IS MIPS IMPORTANT?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration can cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. This stretching of the tissue that can be caused by these motions can result in various types of brain injury. MIPS is designed with the intent to address rotational acceleration from impact.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 195 184 80
- Helmet features:
- MIPS, Visor