- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Troy Lee Designs STAGE Full Face Helmet with MIPS
Price incl. VAT
plus €12.25 for delivery to United States of America
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
The STAGE full face helmet by TROY LEE DESIGNS is a well ventilated bodyguard for the bike park. It is lightweight, perfectly ventilated and stands out for a stylish design. The cheek pads are easy to remove during a medical emergency for a safe helmet removal through emergency helpers.
• Light Polylite outer shell with reinforcements and a chin bar injected with polyacrylate
• EPS and EPP liner in two densities for impact protection
• Large vents (11 air inlets and 14 air outlets) in the chin bar
• Moisture-wicking, removable X-STATIC liner pad
• Ergonomic, removable XT2 cheek pads
• Breakaway visor screws
• FIDLOCK buckle for one-handed fastening and release
• Including two liner pads, three sets of cheek pads and two neck pads for an individual fit
• MIPS system
• Including helmet bag made from breathable mesh fabric
• CPSC 1203, CE EN1078, ASTM F1952 – DH, ASTM 2032 - BMX
Weight: approx. 690 g
The lining with silver fibres comes with an antibacterial finish to reduce odours. The heat-reflecting and breathable properties provide a pleasant climate.
The liner pads are made of fine synthetic fibres and come with interwoven silver threads. Thus, the padding is permanently antibacterial and breathable.
Strong, built-in magnets allows for easy fastening and secure locking.
WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a slip-plane system within the helmet. It is designed to rotate inside the helmet and thus slow down or reduce the impact energy acting on the brain, which helps reduce head injuries caused by rotational impacts.
WHY IS MIPS IMPORTANT?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration may cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. This stretching of the tissue caused by these motions may result in various types of brain injury. MIPS is designed with the intent to address rotational acceleration from impact.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 115 437 081
- Helmet features:
- Visor, MIPS, https://www.rosebikes.de/media/cms/original/91/20/cms.5b6036eb54ad59.83851965.cabb.jpg;https://www.rosebikes.de/document/Troy_Lee_designs_Grentabelle_2020.pdf