- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
VAUDE AM Downieville Mid All-Mountain shoes
Price incl. VAT
plus €20.45 for delivery to United States of America
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
- bike 05/19 Test Verdict: Very Good -
The AM Downieville Mid All-Mountain shoes by VAUDE ensure maximum traction and good ankle protection for your next tour. Thanks to a raised cuff, they perfectly protect your ankles. The VD AM SOLE comes with a tread consisting of SUPTRACTION and SUPTRACTION T to offer best grip on slippery and wet grounds. Just the right choice for all off-road adventurers!
• Robust all-mountain shoes
• Perfect comfort when walking
• Dirt-resistant, sturdy polyurethane outer fabric
• Lining made of 50% recycled polyester
• Lacing with lace cover and velcro for individual adjustment and more stability inside the shoe
• Removable ORTHOLITE ECO PLUSH insole with reinforced cleat area
• Stiff VD AM SOLE with FLOW INDEX 6, full-length nylon reinforcement and a rubber compound of SUPTRACTION T for best grip and durability
• External, protective toe and heel cap made from robust and recyclable TPU for protection and hold
• Ankle protection thanks to high cuffs
• Screw-in click cover made of rubber
• Compatible with MTB pedal systems that use cleats with SPD standard (2-hole standard), such as: Shimano SPD, Time ATAC, CrankBrothers, CrankBrothers Race, Look MTB, Xtreme MTB, Wellgo MTB. Also suitable for indoor trainers in gyms etc.
• Possibility to flush mount SPD clipless systems so that they don't disturb when walking
Outer fabric: polyurethane
Inner fabric: polyester
Outsole: VD AM sole
Manufacturer's ref.: 20465
Weight: approx. 845 g (per pair, size 42)
ORTHOLITE ECO PLUSH:
ORTHOLITE insoles consist of open-pore polyurethane foam. They are extremely breathable, durable and prevent the formation of fungi, bacteria and odours. The ECO PLUSH version contains 25% castor oil (the ecological alternative to oil-based products), the sole's outer fabric is made from 50% recycled polyester. The sole used for the cycling shoes comes with harder PU foam in the cleat area for best power transfer. ORTHOLITE insoles are machine-washable. In their eco soles, ORTHOLITE replaces mineral oil based polyurethane with polyurethane made from castor oil. This offers significant advantages with regards to energy and resource consumption. The castor-oil plant is a fast-growing material, the oil is harmless and biodegradable.
VAUDE AM SOLE:
The dynamic tread provides an increased contact area and good abrasion resistance. The screw-on cover of the cleat system allows you to either ride with or without cleats. A nylon reinforcement ensures best power transfer to the pedal. The sole is convex to facilitate walking. Besides, it offers high shock absorption in at the midfoot and instep.
FLOW INDEX 6:
Different activities and terrains mean different requirements for the strength of the sole. V-Flow combines the shoes' shaft materials, fit and stability and provides an overview based on the V-Flow index to help you find your personal preferences regarding intended use and comfort. The FLOW INDEX 6 offers a perfect fit and best protection, as well as maximum power transfer. Thus, it is perfect for trails with solid, natural grounds or hardened gravel paths, as well as for loose ground and rocky trails in Alpine terrain.
Anti-slip rubber compound for a modern tread with excellent traction on dry and wet grounds.
This VAUDE seal means that this product is completely made without PVC (polyvinylchloride). Looks like tarpaulin and is just as durable and waterproof, yet consists of polyurethane coated textile fabric instead of PVC. PVC often contains plasticizers (phthalates) that are suspected of having negative health impacts.
ROSE recommends ordering the shoes one size up.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 20465 844
- Shoe features:
- Velco straps