- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Environmentally conscious, nature backpack for quick bike tours into the countryside: With the UPHILL 8 backpack, VAUDE is setting standards in the field of sustainable production and at the same time creating a multifunctional bike backpack for your next day tour.
The textile material of the bike bag is largely recycled and made from materials that were previously in plastic bottles, for example, thanks to PET RECYCLING, or were obtained from old tyres using the MASS BALANCE process. In accordance to with the GREEN BUTTON and MYCLIMATE seals, VAUDE promises to produce this backpack in a socially-responsible and climate-neutral way. This way, we are all doing something for the environment, which we appreciate and need!
What's more, with its airy and ergonomic shoulder straps and VENT-TEXT ULTRALIGHT mesh padding, the backpack is very comfortable to wear even on warm days. You can enjoy extra functionality from the versatile, compression drawcord at the front and the additional mesh side pocket, in which you can easily store your mobile phone, lift ticket etc. And because you’re tough and also want to go out in changeable weather, the backpack has a rain cover with a flashing light holder. Let's go!
• Lightweight and sustainably-produced bike backpack, e.g. for MTB and trekking
• Largely made from recycled material such as PET RECYCLING bottles or old tyres through MASS BALANCE processes
• Sustainable, responsible and climate-neutral production according to VAUDE GREEN SHAPE standard, MYCLIMATE seal and GREEN BUTTON promise
• Air-permeable and ergonomically-shaped ERGOSHAPE shoulder straps
• Ideal ventilation at the back thanks to VENT-TEX ULTRALIGHT mesh padding
• Removable waist belt
• Spacious main compartment with zipper and inner pocket
• Additional, integrated front pocket with zip
• Compression drawcord for compression, attachment and helmet holder system
• Mesh side pocket with zip makes it easy to access the storage space
• Outlet for hydration system (hydration system optionally available under prod. code 2290840)
• Chest strap with drinking hose retainer
• Includes rain cover with safety light attachment
• Reflective design elements
• Outer fabric: 100% polyamide, front side 70 D silicone coated, back side with polyamide coating
• Lining: 100% polyester (recycled), 150 D polyurethane coating
• Inserts: 100% polyester (recycled) 600 D polyurethane coating, plain weave
• Rain cover: 100% polyamide 190 T polyurethane coating
• Dimensions in cm: approx. 46 x 25 x 15 (H x W x D)
• Volume: approx. 8 l
• Weight: approx. 340 g
In the box:
• 1 VAUDE UPHILL 8 bike backpack
Highlights & Technologies:
VAUDE products with ECO FINISH are water-resistant and yet produced in an environmentally-friendly way without fluorocarbons (PFC). PFC is a group of chemicals used to make the outer fabric of a product waterproof.
The ergonomically-shaped shoulder straps ensure great mobility and extra comfort on your next mountain, trekking or hiking tour. The cut of the ERGOSHAPE shoulder straps is key: they are cut wide where the straps rest on your shoulders. The straps are narrower at your shoulder joints. The ERGOSHAPE shoulder straps of men’s and women’s backpacks are specifically adapted to their differing anatomies.
• Ergonomically-shaped shoulder straps sit comfortably without constricting
• Optimal freedom of movement thanks to adapted width
• Adapted to the different anatomy of men & women
VAUDE's quality seal for products that are produced in a particularly environmentally friendly and resource-saving way. As there is no worldwide standard for the assessment of organic products, VAUDE have developed their own rating system with the strictest criteria.
GRÜNER KNOPF (“GREEN BUTTON”):
The German textile seal GRÜNER KNOPF (“Green Button”) identifies textiles that meet high social and environmental standards. 26 social and ecological criteria are considered for each product. The companies must prove their human rights, social and ecological responsibilities.
Quite an accomplishment, for you and the planet! Using a mass balance method, VAUDE’s material is climate-friendly, high-performance and helps reduce waste caused by used tyres: VAUDE uses a technology that derives oil from plastics such as old tyres, which are difficult to recycle, and feeds it into the polyamide production system, using a certified mass balance process. The sustainable polyamide made from it is light and durable, but saves approx. 60% of CO² emissions during production!
Live more, consume less! The MULTIUSE products by VAUDE are multifunctional and can be used for different activities. In this way you can enjoy nature to the fullest, be equipped for everything and reduce your ecological footprint at the same time.
This product is climate-neutral: the emissions from materials, manufacturing process and shipping were systematically reduced and completely compensated.
Depending on model and size, one recycled VAUDE bag is made of up to 12 PET bottles. The outer fabric of the models is 55% made from PET yarn and inside, 100 per cent of recycled materials are used. PET recycling helps reduce environmental pollution by 50% compared to new productions.
The VENT-TEX ULTRALIGHT comes without back reinforcement for weight reasons, however, it still offers high comfort. The mesh pads running along the spinal column even offer comfort on demanding trails. The padding absorbs almost no moisture and creates a large ventilation channel to ventilate the back.
The reflective elements attached to the backpack as design elements or decoration do not represent a personal protective equipment as mentioned in EU regulation 2016/ 425.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 16126 366
- Backpack features:
- Hydration bladder compartment, Rain cover, Helmet loop