- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
KICKR Core turbo trainer
The KICKR Core by Wahoo is not a roller trainer, but a chain driven smart trainer for realistic indoor training. The compact turbo trainer offers a similar scope of features to the big wheel-off flagship KICKR. The core of the indoor training partner is the proven flywheel technology with a progressive electromagnetic roller brake. The flywheel technology creates the same resistance experienced in outdoor climbs and descents for a realistic ride experience. In contrast to a standard roller trainer, the KICKR Core transfers the power through the whirring chain to the individually adjusted cassette (not included). Simply remove the rear wheel of your racer and clamp the rear stay into the robust trainer after having fitted the respective Shimano/Sram compatible freehub body. The indoor trainer is compatible with QR skewers up to 135 mm and 12mm thru axles of up to 148 mm; corresponding axle adapters are included. Simply connect the trainer to the power supply, calibrate the KICKR Core by spinning down and start eating miles.
As the trainer is equipped with many technical features, it allows you to measure and analyse important parameters like speed, distance and power via the app for demanding training at home. A separately sold Wahoo RPM Cadence Sensor will even allow you to measure the cadence (product code 2104337). Compatibilities with iOS, Android and PCs as well as modern network technologies ensure highly accurate performance measurement. Apart from Bluetooth Smart (BLE), the indoor trainer comes with ANT+ FE-C, which allows for a wireless connection to a smartphone etc. as well as pairing with cadence and heart rate sensors, such as the TICKR X heart rate chest strap (product code: 2268049). Being compatible with iOS, Android and desktop apps, the trainer allows for intuitive handling. When using devices without integrated ANT+ technology, the Wahoo Fitness ANT+ dongle (product code 2268039) can help pair the devices. LED indicator lights confirm that KICKR CORE is powered, connected and transmitting via Bluetooth Smart and/or ANT+.
A wide range of apps turns the KICKR Core into a communicative training computer and a virtual training machine with fun factor. This gives you the freedom to download your favourite training programme – apart from Wahoo and partner apps – from the Play Store for a perfect workout that suits your individual needs. Wahoo Fitness, TrainerRoad, Swift, Komoot, Strava or Cycling GPS are just some of the compatible apps.
In combination with smart accessories from Wahoo’s range, you can turn your simulated bike tours into real indoor adventures for a perfect training environment. Thus, the KICKR CLIMB (product code 2268038) simulates the grade based on the digital route profile, while the KICKR HEADWIND (product code 2279001) simulates wind speeds and cools you down during exhausting sections.
· Realistic ride feel: The magnet-controlled flywheel technology with electronic brake simulates the power and inertia experienced during outdoor riding. It provides the most realistic ride feel especially when using virtual riding/training platforms like Zwift and TrainerRoad.
· Measures speed, distance and power
· Cadence can be measured in combination with the optional Wahoo RPM Cadence Sensor (product code 2104337) or a compatible power meter
· High power and accuracy up to 1800 watts, accurate to +/- 2%
· Automatic, interactive resistance control via paired devices with Wahoo software or compatible apps like Strava, Trainer Road, Zwift.
· Simultaneous or individual connection to smartphones and bike computers with ANT+- and Bluetooth
· ANT+ FE-C allows the KICKR Core to be controlled from any FE-C enabled device or compatible application
· High stability: torsionally stiff, stable steel construction with solid feet that even withstand high loads
· Improved thru axle compatibility: Suitable for 12 x 142 and 12 x 148 thru axles as well as 130/135 mm quick release skewers. Adapters for adjustment to the different hub widths are included.
· Adjustable to accommodate common wheel sizes from 24“ to 29“
· Optimized wheel mount, also for bikes with flat mount and disc brake
· Optical LED display of operating status and connection status
· Including temporally limited accounts with Strava, Trainerroad, Sufferfest, Kinomap, Rouvy in case of registration (for new customers).
Compatible devices/system versions for Wahoo app:
· Android (version 4.4 KitKat or later) with Bluetooth 4.0 (or newer)
· Apple IOS (from 9.0 version)
· iPhone (from 4S model)
· iPad (from 3rd generation), iPad Mini
· iPod Touch (from 5th generation)
· MacBook (BTLE enabled or with ANT+ dongle)
· Windows (BTLE enabled or with ANT+ dongle)
If in doubt, simply download the Wahoo Fitness app from the App Store/Google Play Store and install it on your device for test purposes.
· Dimensions: approx. 51 x 58 x 48 cm
· Compatible rear wheel sizes: 24“ road / 24” MTB / 650c road / 26” MTB / 700c road / 650b MTB / 29” MTB
· Types of hubs: 130/135 mm QR, 12x142 and 12x148 thru axle
· Drivetrain: freehub body, compatible with Shimano/SRAM, can be fitted with 8/9/10/11-speed cassette (when using a 8/9/10-speed rear derailleur, the Wahoo spacer must be fitted)
· Maximum power output: 1800 watts
· Maximum simulated gradient: 16 %
· Resistance: electromagnetic
· 3rd party power meter support
· Accuracy: + / - 2 %
· Connectivity: ANT+, ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth
· Compatibility: iOS / Android / PC (Mac and Windows)
· Software updates via download of data
· Max. rider weight: 113,5 kg
· Power requirements: 100-240V~1.5A 50-60 Hz
· Weight of flywheel: approx. 5,4 kg
· Belt type: Gates Carbon Drive
· Weight: approx. 18,4 kg
In the box:
· Wahoo Fitness KICKR Core Smart Trainer
· With Shimano Road freehub body (without cassette)
· 220V AC adapter (LTE60E-S2-1)
· Quick release (fitted)
· 1,8 mm axle spacer (for 8/9/10-speed cassettes)
· Adapter for 130 mm and 135 mm quick release skewers (fitted)
· Adapter for 12 x 142 and 12 x 148 thru axles
· Holder for disc brake
Separately sold accessories:
· Wahoo training mat (product code 2255128)
Tip: For a short video of the Wahoo KICKR Core Indoor Smart Trainer see https://youtu.be/3SgxQVi5d4M
Note: EU plug included. For using the device in the UK you need an adapter 2 pin Euro into 3 pin UK.
- Compatible with ANT+:
- Wireless control:
- Magnetic resistance:
- Mechanical control:
- Fluid resistance:
- Manufacturer`s ref.: