- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
The E trailer hitch by Weber is an almost universal bike trailer hitch with additional safety wire and a dampening rubber element for bike trailers with/without brakes and with a low tow bar for transporting loads or children. The hitch is permanently fixed at the left side rear dropout. However, as all trailer hitch systems by Weber consist of two parts, you’ll also need a matching Weber bayonet connector to attach the trailer’s tow bar to the system. Simply plug the two pieces together, tighten them and off you go!
Weber bike trailer hitches are designed for daily use over many years and ensure a reliable connection between bicycle and trailer thanks to high-quality materials. The E trailer hitch even fits most special or suspension rear stays, which is because of the polygon attachment system at the rear axle that prevents rotating. Yet, it doesn’t fit e.g. tricycles and special bikes, bikes with horizontal dropouts that are opened to the rear and bikes with rear wheel motor. The E trailer hitch is only approved for pedelecs of up to max. 25 km/h.
· Safe connection for almost all frame shapes
· For the two-part Webber trailer hitch system with bayonet connector
· For trailers with a low tow bar
· Fits all wheel sizes
· Attached to the left side rear dropout
· With standard polygon inserts for adaptation
· For thru axles and quick release axles
· Safety strap
· Effectively contributes to riding stability
· Easy handling
· No tools required for installation and connection
· Permissible max. trailer load: 80 kg
· Max. load on coupling point: 6,5 kg
· Material: stainless steel, electro-galvanised steel, fibreglass reinforced polyamide
· Weight: approx. 192 g
In the box:
· E trailer hitch with joint
· 3 standard polygon adapters (anti-twist protection) for 2,5 / 5,5 mm quick releases axles and thru axles
Tip: For detailed installation instructions see: https://www.weber-products.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/E_EL_ES_Montage_d+e.pdf. For safety reasons, we generally recommend having the E trailer hitch fitted to your bike by a skilled specialist dealer.
On some sporty bikes or bikes with hub gears, you need longer quick release axles or thicker polygons (special anti-rotation washers for the bike hub). Please contact us for more information.
Do not use on bikes made from carbon or with carbon dropouts and carbon rear stays. Weber bike trailer hitches are only approved for bikes up to max. 25 km/h, not for S pedelecs, e-bikes or for motorized use!
- Manufacturer`s ref.: