The 303 Firecrest™ rear wheel represents the quest for perfection when looking for the absolute all-round wheel. The result is one of the most versatile wheels which has proven its worth under the harshest competition conditions. With its outstanding aerodynamics and stiffness, it impresses just as much as with its simplicity, its low weight and excellent braking performance, thanks to the Zipp Showstopper™ technology. No matter whether steep mountains or flat sections, the 303 Firecrest™ carbon rear wheel shows its strengths everywhere. For the 2019 model year, Zipp has refined the rim profile with regard to the AeroBalance™ aspect and thus created a fast and stable wheel with excellent handling.
The symmetric, 45mm deep Firecrest™ rim profile of the high-end carbon rim made in Indianapolis (USA) has proven its worth for years and is especially adapted to meet the high requirements of toughest competitions. Thanks to ABLC™ dimples, the Firecrest™ rim profile offers excellent aerodynamics and high stability in crosswinds. This lets you ride faster with the same power input and may save decisive seconds.
The proven 177 hub of the Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher rear wheel promises high reliability at that. The pre-set cartridge bearings don’t require any further adjustment and with an axle diameter of 17 mm, the hub is extremely stiff. The special flange geometry with an optimized spoke hole attachment pattern additionally ensures maximum torsional and lateral stiffness.
• Firecrest™ Technology: slightly rounded rim profile with a near-constant width almost all the way to the spoke bed – this perfectly compensates for wind resistance between the downwind and windward side for improved control
• Showstopper™ Technology: Adds silicon carbide into the surface resin of the rim flange for best braking performance even in adverse weather conditions
• ABLC SawTooth™-Technologie (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): Many small dimples in the rim surface optimise the aerodynamic balance between wind and downwind side and thus increase stability in crosswinds
• Special flange geometry with optimised spoke hole attachment pattern for maximum torsional and lateral stiffness
• Spokes: 24 Sapim CX-Sprint aero spokes, 2-cross
• Sapim Secure Lock nipples
• Carbon rim for clincher tyres
• Rim width: approx. 27,8 mm/depth: approx. 45 mm
• ETRTO: 622 x 17 C
• For Presta valve
• Max. tyre pressure: 8,62 bar
• Type of hub: 177, V3
• 4 sealed cartridge bearings
• Sealed, maintenance-free bearings – no preload adjustment required
• Compatible with 8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano/SRAM
• For rim brakes
• Axle: 130 x 5 mm (quick release)
• Weight: approx. 835 g
• Max. rider weight: 113 kg
In the box: wheel with black decals, quick release skewer, rim tape, Zipp Evo Carbon brake pads, valve extension and manual
As the wheel comes with carbon rim flanges, you must use brake pads for carbon rims only.