The 2021 model of the US premium manufacturer’s elegant 303 S carbon rear wheel is the official successor of last year’s highly popular ZIPP 302 and is made for high-quality performance at a fantastic price.
ZIPP has put the focus on a completely overhauled rim profile and full tubeless compatibility to fit modern disc brake designs. The 303 S series also borrows design elements, such as the total system efficiency concept, from the higher-level 303 Firecrest™ disk brake wheelset.
The high-end carbon rims have been adapted to the needs of modern cyclists, with a 45 mm high tread and an impressive 23 inner rim width with an outer width of 28 mm. Thanks to this the hookless rims of the ZIPP 303 S rear wheel are aerodynamically optimised for 28 mm wide tubeless road tyres, though they also fit well to 50 mm wide tyres.
In other words, there is nothing standing in the way of your racing ambitions on paved streets, challenging rides on dusty gravel, or heated fights for the best position in cyclo-cross competitions.
• Rim material: carbon (UD finish)
• Rim type: clincher
• Rim profile: hookless, symmetric
• Dimensions: 28" / 700C
• ETRTO: 622 x 23
• Rim width/height: approx. 28 mm / 45 mm
• Inner rim width: 23 mm
• Tubeless ready
• For Presta valve (Ø 6.5 mm)
• Max. tyre pressure: 5 bar (73 PSI)
• Spoke type: SAPIM CX-Sprint J-Bend Aero spokes
• Number of spokes: 24
• Spoke pattern: 2-cross
• Spoke nipples: Sapim Secure Lock (brass)
• Hub type: 76-D
• 4 sealed cartridge bearings
• Sealed, maintenance-free bearings – doesn’t require preload
• Brake disc mount: Center Lock
• Front hub spacing: 12 x 100 mm (thru axle)
• Maximum recommended rider’s weight: 113 kg
• Weight: approx. 819 g
In the box:
• 1 ZIPP 303 S carbon disc brake road bike front wheel 2021
ZIPP 303 S wheels are only approved for use with tubeless and/or tubeless-ready tyres. However, an inner tube can be used with a compatible tubeless/tubeless-ready tyre.