- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
If you had to choose just one wheel, the Zipp 404 Firecrest™ should be your choice. The 404 model series wheel is a true all-rounder and a real classic in the high-end product range of the US American premium brand Zipp. It was the Zipp 404 Firecrest that started the revolution in aero wheels in 2010 with a high-performance rim design standing out for high stiffness, aerodynamics, reliability and stability.
For 2019, Zipp has fine-tuned this rim profile with regards to the AeroBalance™ aspect and thus created a fast and stable wheel with excellent handling.
The symmetric, 58 mm deep profile of the high-end carbon rim made in Indianapolis (USA) has already proven its worth for years and helped many athletes win races. Whether triathlons, time trials, sprints or classic stage races with mountain stages. Thanks to ABLC™ dimples, the Firecrest™ rim profile offers excellent aerodynamic capabilities and high crosswind stability. Thus, you can ride faster with the same pedalling force and gain decisive seconds.
In addition, the proven 77 hub of the Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher front wheel promises high reliability. The pre-set cartridge bearings require no additional adjustments and thanks to an axle diameter of 17 mm, the hub is extremely robust at that. A special flange geometry with optimized spoke bolt diameter also contributes to maximum torsional and lateral stiffness.
• Firecrest™ technology: Rim with less pronounced bulge and near-constant width almost all the way to the spoke bed – for great control in crosswinds.
• Showstopper™ technology: Rim flanges with directional grooves and silicon carbide particles for maximum braking performance in all conditions.
• ABLC SawTooth™ technology (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): Thanks to the many little dimples inside the rim surface, the aerodynamic balance between windward and leeward side is optimized and crosswind stability increased.
• Special flange geometry with optimized spoke bolt circle for maximum torsional and lateral stiffness
• Spokes: 18 Sapim CX-Sprint aero spokes, radial
• Sapim Secure Lock nipples
• Carbon rim for clincher tyres
• Rim width: approx. 27,8 mm/depth: approx. 58 mm
• ETRTO: 622 x 17 C
• For Presta valve
• Max. tyre pressure: 8,62 bars
• Hub type: 77, V3
• 2 cartridge bearings
• Sealed low-maintenance bearings – no adjustment of pretension required
• For rim brakes
• Axle: 100 x 5 mm (quick release)
• Weight: approx. 710 g
• Max. rider weight: 113 kg
In the box: Wheel with black decals, quick release, rim tape, Zipp Evo Carbon brake pads, valve extension and manual
ACHTUNG: As the wheel comes with carbon rim flanges, you must use brake pads for carbon rims only.
- Material: carbon:
- Tubeless ready:
- Freehub body:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 5 x 100 mm