- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
Zipp 404 Firecrest™ – the wheel for any intended use. The 404 model range is a true all-rounder and a real classic in the high-end portfolio of the US American premium manufacturer Zipp. Back in 2010, it was this series that started the Zipp Firecrest™ Revolution, featuring a rim profile tailored to the wishes and requirements of competitive cyclists and triathletes and standing out for extremely high stiffness, aerodynamics, reliability and stability. For the model year 2019, Zipp has optimised this rim profile in terms of AeroBalance™ to create a fast and stable wheel with excellent handling.
The symmetric, 58mm deep rim profile of the high-end carbon rim made in Indianapolis (USA) has proven its worth for years and helped many athletes to win any kind of event. Whether triathlons, time trials, sprints or classic stage races including mountain stages. Thanks to ABLC™ dimples, the Firecrest™ rim profile offers excellent aerodynamics and high stability in crosswinds. This lets you ride faster with the same power input and may save decisive seconds.
The proven 177 hub of the Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher rear wheel promises high reliability at that. The pre-set cartridge bearings don’t require any further adjustment and with an axle diameter of 17 mm, the hub is extremely stiff. The special flange geometry with an optimized spoke hole attachment pattern additionally ensures maximum torsional and lateral stiffness.
• Firecrest™ Technology: slightly rounded rim profile with a near-constant width almost all the way to the spoke bed – this perfectly compensates for wind resistance between the downwind and windward side for improved control
• Showstopper™ Technology: Adds silicon carbide into the surface resin of the rim flange for best braking performance even in adverse weather conditions
• ABLC SawTooth™-Technologie (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): Many small dimples in the rim surface optimise the aerodynamic balance between wind and downwind side and thus increase stability in crosswinds
• Special flange geometry with optimised spoke hole attachment pattern for maximum torsional and lateral stiffness
• Spokes: 24 Sapim CX-Sprint aero spokes, 2-cross
• Sapim Secure Lock nipples
• Carbon rim for clincher tyres
• Rim width: approx. 27,8 mm/depth: approx. 58 mm
• ETRTO: 622 x 17 C
• For Presta valve
• Max. tyre pressure: 8,62 bar
• Type of hub: 177, V3
• 4 sealed cartridge bearings
• Sealed, maintenance-free bearings – no preload adjustment required
• Compatible with 8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano/SRAM
• For rim brakes
• Axle: 130 x 5 mm (quick release)
• Weight: approx. 905 g
• Max. rider weight: 113 kg
In the box: wheel with black decals, quick release skewer, rim tape, Zipp Evo Carbon brake pads, valve extension and manual
As the wheel comes with carbon rim flanges, you must use brake pads for carbon rims only.
- Material: carbon:
- Tubeless ready:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 5 x 130 mm
- Freehub body:
- Shimano/compatible with Shimano/SRAM