- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
ZIPP 404 Firecrest™ - the rear wheel for any purpose, paired with modern disc brakes!
The 404 series is a real all-rounder and a true classic, a standout among the US premium manufacturer’s portfolio. This series started the ZIPP Firecrest™ Revolution in 2010, with their rim profile designed according to the wishes and needs of competitive riders and triathletes. It stands for extreme stiffness, aerodynamics, reliability, and stability.
For the 2021 model, ZIPP has given its practically legendary speed weapon a new look, with a larger inner rim width, simple tubeless compatibility, and a new hub.
The hand-made high-end carbon rims from Indianapolis have a symmetric, 58 mm high Firecrest™ rim profile that has proven itself over the years by helping countless athletes win all kinds of events. Whether it’s triathlon, time trial, sprints, or classic stage races, including mountain stages. Thanks to the ABLC™ dimples, the wheel Firecrest™ rim profile has excellent aerodynamic properties, as well as very high side wind stability (AeroBalance™). You’ll be even faster, despite putting in the same amount of power, and can shave off a few seconds when it matters.
It is tubeless-ready and has a inner rim width of 19 mm, so the ZIPP 404 Firecrest™ can handle the modern trend towards wider road bike tyres, while also providing low rolling resistance, increased comfort, and improved grip when riding tubeless. The middle of the wheel features the German-built ZIPP ZR1 rear hub with an improved seal and a freewheel with 66 points of engagement and 6 pawls.
• Firecrest™ technology: The rim profile has rounded edges with a consistent width - this counteracts crosswinds and lets you control your wheel better.
• ABLC SawTooth™ technology (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): The many small nodes on the rim’s outer surface optimise the aerodynamic balance and improve crosswinds stability.
• Rim material: carbon (UD finish)
• Rim type: clincher
• Rim profile: hooked rims, symmetric
• Dimensions: 28" / 700C
• ETRTO: 622 x 19
• Rim width/depth: approx. 27 mm / 58 mm
• Inner rim width: 19 mm
• Tubeless ready
• For Presta valve (Ø 6.5 mm)
• Max. tyre pressure: 8.62 bar (125 PSI)
• Spoke type: SAPIM CX-Sprint J-Bend Aero spokes
• Number of spokes: 24
• Spoke pattern: 2-cross
• Spoke nipples: Sapim Secure Lock (aluminium)
• Hub type: ZR1
• 4 sealed cartridge bearings
• Sealed, maintenance-free bearings – doesn’t require preload
• Brake disc mount: Center Lock
• Freewheel: pawl system (6 pawls, 5.45° degree engagement)
• Compatible with 8/9/10/11-speed SHIMANO / SRAM
• Front hub spacing: 12 x 142 mm (thru axle)
• Maximum recommended rider’s weight: 113 kg
• Weight: approx. 981 g
In the box:
• 1 ZIPP 404 Firecrest™ Carbon disc brake rear road bike wheel 2021
- Material: carbon:
- Tubeless ready:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 12 x 142 mm
- Freehub body:
- Shimano/compatible with Shimano/SRAM