- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
Zipp’s engineers could just as well develop rocket technology. This can be said because the optimization of the Zipp 808 Firecrest™ front wheel with its 82 mm high high-tech carbon rim is pure technological science on its highest level. More than 40 concept studies regarding aerodynamics, supported by CFD software and multiple tests in the wind tunnel as well as on the road, have contributed to making the 808 model series by Zipp a prime example of aerodynamics, stiffness, reliability and stability.
For the 2019 model year Zipp has refined the rim profile with regards to the AeroBalance™ aspect and has thus created a fast and stable wheel with excellent handling.
The symmetric, 82 mm high Firecrest™ rim profile of the high-end carbon rim, which is handmade in Indianapolis (USA), has proved its worth for years and already helped numerous athletes to win important races. Zipp’s 808 wheels are specially designed to meet the high requirements of time trial or triathlon competitions and comes with outstanding aerodynamic qualities, thanks to the ABLC™ Dimples. What’s more, they also offer high crosswind stability. With the same power input, you will be faster and maybe win crucial seconds.
The proven 77 hub of the Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher front wheel promises high reliability. The preset cartridge bearings require no subsequent adjustment. With 17 mm axle diameter, the hub is extremely stable. The specially adapted flange geometry with optimized spoke bolt circle provides maximum torsional and lateral stiffness
• Firecrest™ technology: Rim with less pronounced bulge and near-constant width almost all the way to the spoke bed – for great control in crosswinds.
• Showstopper™ technology: Rim flanges with directional grooves and silicon carbide particles for maximum braking performance in all conditions.
• ImPress™ technology: Graphics are not glued, but printed – in this way, the circular dimples in the rim flange remain undisturbed in their aerodynamic function
• Special flange geometry with optimized spoke bolt circle for maximum torsional and lateral stiffness
• Spokes: 18 Sapim CX-Sprint aero spokes, radial
• Sapim Secure Lock nipples
• Carbon rim for clincher tyres
• Rim width: approx. 27,8 mm/height: approx. 82 mm
• ETRTO: 622 x 17 C
• For Presta valve
• Max. tyre pressure: 8,62 bars
• Hub type: 77, V3
• 2 cartridge bearings
• Sealed low-maintenance bearings – no adjustment of pretension required
• For rim brakes
• Hub width: 100 x 5 mm (quick-release)
• Weight: approx. 830 g
• Max. rider weight: 113 kg
Wheel with black decals incl. quick-release skewer, rim tape, Zipp Evo Carbon brake pads, valve extension and manual
As the wheel comes with carbon rim flanges, you must use brake pads for carbon rims only.
- Material: carbon:
- Tubeless ready:
- Freehub body:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 5 x 100 mm