- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You have already used the configurator. To see your configuration click here.
Low in stock!
Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Clincher 28“/700C road front wheel
Product code: 227697301
Zipp’s engineers could just as well develop rocket technology. This can be said because the optimization of the Zipp 808 NSW™ front wheel with its 82... more details
Price incl. VAT
plus €20.45 for delivery to United States of America
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
Zipp’s engineers could just as well develop rocket technology. This can be said because the optimization of the Zipp 808 NSW™ front wheel with its 82 mm high high-tech carbon rim is pure technological science on its highest level. More than 40 concept studies regarding aerodynamics, supported by CFD software and multiple tests in the wind tunnel as well as on the road, have contributed to making the 808 model series by Zipp a prime example of aerodynamics, stiffness, reliability and stability.
For the 2019 model year Zipp has refined the rim profile with regards to the AeroBalance™ aspect and has given the 808 NSW™ wheels a wider inner width, as well as tubeless compatibility. A fast a stable wheel with excellent handling, which is optimised for the combination with 25 mm wide tyres.
The symmetric, 82 mm high rim profile of the high-end carbon rim, which is handmade in Indianapolis (USA) was designed to meet the special requirements of time trials or triatlon competions. It comes with outstanding aerodynamic qualities, along with very high crosswind stability and has already helped numerous athletes to win important races. Thanks to the ABLC™ Dimples, the same power input will make you faster and maybe let you win crucial seconds.
What’s more, the robust Cognition hub of the Zipp 808 NSW™ Carbon Clincher front wheel promises high reliability. The special design of the hub distributes the forces on the hub flange and reduces thus stress on the bearings. The preset cartridge bearings require no subsequent adjustment. With 17 mm axle diameter, the hub is extremely stable. The specially adapted flange geometry with optimized spoke bolt circle for Straightpull spokes provides maximum torsional and lateral stiffness.
• Tubeless ready – benefit from better puncture protection, less rolling resistance, more comfort and better grip in corners
• Showstopper™ technology: Rim flanges with directional grooves and silicon carbide particles for maximum braking performance in all conditions.
• ABLC SawTooth™ technology (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): Thanks to the many little dimples inside the rim surface, the aerodynamic balance between windward and leeward side is optimized and crosswind stability increased.
• ImPress™ technology: Graphics are not glued, but printed – in this way, the circular dimples in the rim flange remain undisturbed in their aerodynamic function
• Special flange geometry with optimized spoke bolt circle for maximum torsional and lateral stiffness
• Spokes: 18 Sapim CX-Ray aero spokes, radial
• Sapim Secure Lock nipples
• Carbon rim for clinchers
• Tubeless ready
• Rim width: approx. 26,4 mm/height: approx. 82 mm
• ETRTO: 622 x 19 C
• For Presta valve
• Max. tyre pressure: 8,62 bar
• Hub type: Cognition, V1
• Robust hub design that distributes the forces on the hub flange to reduce stress on the bearings
• 2 cartridge bearings
• Sealed low-maintenance bearings – no adjustment of pretension required
• For rim brakes
• Hub width: 100 x 5 mm (quick-release)
• Weight: approx. 857 g
• Max. approved rider weight: 113 kg
Wheel with black decals incl. quick-release skewer, rim tape, Zipp Evo Carbon brake pads, valve extension, inner tube (700c 19-25mm) and a wheel bag.
As the wheel comes with carbon rim flanges, you must use brake pads for carbon rims only.
- Tubeless ready:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 5 x 100 mm
- Freehub body: