The Up & Down Turn 3 adapter by ergotec is a handlebar-height adjusting system for Ahead stems with an additional rotation function. Approved for touring and city bikes, as well as for electric bikes. The robust twist adjuster comes with a quick-release lever, so that you can easily release the mechanism and adjust it into the desired position with a flick of the wrist. Without tools.
Also ideal to adapt a bike to the requirements of different riders. For transport and storage, the handlebar height adjustment system also allows you to turn the handlebar through 90° and clamp it into position.
• Ahead adapter, adjustable without tools
• Twist mechanism
• Adjustment range: 53 - 153 mm (= 100 mm)
• For 1 1/8" steel steerers (Ø 28,6 mm)
• With fork inner Ø: min. 24 mm
• Required length of the steerer tube: min. 155 mm
• With free clamping height: min. 35 mm
• For 1 1/8" stem (Ø 28,6 mm)
• With stem clamping height: max. 35 mm
• ergotec safety level: 4*
• Max. system weight (cyclist, bike and luggage): City/Touring (incl. e-bikes up to 25 km/h/15.5 mph) 140 kg
• Material: aluminium 6061 T6
• Weight: approx. 346 g
Note: Only suitable for steel steerers.
*The product classification of the ergotec Safety Level complies with the DIN EN ISO 4210 standard for bikes and DIN EN 15194 for e-bikes. The ergotec Safety Level is always valid for the entire steering system. If stem and bars have a different safety level, the lower value will apply to the entire system.