The major advantage of chain locks is that they can be easily packed away: The can be comfortably folded and packed into a bag. Another possibility is to wrap them around the seat post or to sling them over the shoulder.
However, the New York Chain also offers its users a very high level of security thanks to 12 mm thick six-sided chain linkes made of 3 times hardened manganese steel. The Evolution series 4 disc lock comes with a 14 mm hardened Kryptonium steel shackle. Moreover, the reinforced high security disc cylinder lock is protected from drilling.
· 14 mm thick shackle made of hardened Kryptonium steel
· Thick six-sided chain linkes made of 3 times hardened manganese steel
· Double locking mechanism to protect from unauthorized opening through twisting
· Reinforced high security disc cylinder lock for protection against drilling and picking
· A cover protects the locking cyclinder from water and dirt
· Weatherproof vinyl coating protects from damages
· Nylon cover of the chain links protects from damages
· Security level: 9 (of 10 of Kryptonite's classification system)
· Advanced theft protection (ATPO) for registered locks, information and registration via the Kryptonite website: http://www.kryptonitelock.de/de/customer-service/register-for-anti-theft.html
· Key Safe Programme: replacement keys for registered locks can be reordered; information and registration via the Kryptonite website: http://www.kryptonitelock.de/de/customer-service/register-keys-combination.html
· Incl. 3 keys, one with light
· Chain length: 100 cm
· Weight: approx. 3.92 kg
· Manufacturer's ref. 999515