- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
POC OMNE BEACON MIPS Helmet
Price incl. VAT plus €16.35 (for delivery to United States of America)
Product code: 233934101
Colour fluorescent orange AVIP/uranium black matt
The OMNE BEACON MIPS by POC is literally enlightening, because the road bike helmet comes with an integrated and manually operated helmet light that can be easily recharged via USB.
What’s more, the road helmet impresses with its integrated MIPS PROTECTION system, which offers reliable protection in case of a crash. In addition, the bike helmet by POC comes with a robust PC outer shell and a tough EPS inner shell to complete its protective features. Thanks to a 360° fit system, the helmet allows for precise adjustments to perfectly fit your head. Last but not least, the weight of the helmet benefits from its slim design – this road helmet shows you the way!
• Light unisex road helmet with robust polycarbonate outer shell
• Made with MIPS INTEGRA BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
• Shock-absorbing EPS inner shell for a low weight and good protection
• Integrated, manually operated helmet light, rechargeable via USB-C connection
• Adjustable strap system with buckle, integrated into the shell
• Precisely adjustable 360° fitting system at the rear of the head
• POC Eye Garage consisting of two silicone pads in the front vents to comfortably store (sun)glasses while riding
• Slim design for a low weight
• EN 1078, CPSC 12.03, AS/NZS 2063
• Weight: approx. 230 g (size M)
In the box:
• 1 POC OMNE BEACON MIPS road bike helmet
Highlights & Technologies:
WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a slip-plane system within the helmet. It is designed to rotate inside the helmet and thus slow down or reduce the impact energy acting on the brain, which helps reduce head injuries caused by rotational impacts.
WHY IS MIPS IMPORTANT?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration may cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. This stretching of the tissue caused by these motions may result in various types of brain injury. MIPS is designed with the intent to address rotational acceleration from impact.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.