- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
POC TECTAL RACE MIPS NFC MTB Bike Helmet
179.95 € RRP €279.95
Price incl. VAT plus €20.45 (for delivery to United States of America)
Product code: 232157002
Colour hydrogen white/fluorescent orange avip
The TECTAL RACE MIPS NFC by POC will call for help when you can’t. Thanks to a built-in medical NFC chip, first-aiders can easily call up your medical data with an NFC compatible smartphone. All they need to do to transfer the data is hold the smartphone close to the helmet – no internet connection needed! In addition, the RECCO REFLECTO system will help the search and rescue team find you. Last but not least, the robust MTB helmet impresses with its MIPS PROTECTION SYSTEM, an EPS inner shell with ARAMID BRIDGES and extended coverage at the temples and rear of the head to protect sensitive zones even better in the event of a crash.
• MTB helmet with robust unibody polycarbonate outer shell
• Made with MIPS INTEGRA BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
• Built-in twICEme NFC Medical ID chip stores your emergency data to make them available to first-aiders, if need be
• RECCO REFLECTO system for faster location in the event of an emergency
• Shock-absorbing EPS inner shell for a low weight and good protection
• Inner shell with ARAMID BRIDGES for even more stability
• Extended coverage at the temples and rear of the head for additional protection
• Large vents for outstanding ventilation
• Adjustable strap system with buckle, integrated into the shell
• Precisely adjustable 360° fitting system at the rear of the head
• Goggle clip on the back
• Adjustable visor
• CE EN 1078, CPSC 12.03, AS/NZS 2063
• Weight: approx. 385 g (size M)
In the box:
• 1 POC TECTAL RACE MIPS NFC mountain bike helmet
Highlights & Technologies:
The liner shell comes with special, aramid reinforcements to make the helmet particularly sturdy and lightweight. On impact, the extremely robust reinforcements evenly distribute the energy over the entire helmet to reduce the impact on the brain.
WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a slip-plane system within the helmet. It is designed to rotate inside the helmet and thus slow down or reduce the impact energy acting on the brain, which helps reduce head injuries caused by rotational impacts.
WHY IS MIPS IMPORTANT?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration may cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. This stretching of the tissue caused by these motions may result in various types of brain injury. MIPS is designed with the intent to address rotational acceleration from impact.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
The RECCO reflector sends and receives radar signals to help first responders locate your position. This allows for a faster rescue when crashing seriously in remote areas.