With the Sonic/Ergo/4525a aero bar, Profile Design has a new highlight in their range of tri bars. The lightweight aluminium aero bar from the FLYT system combines the simplicity of the Sonic bracket and the ergonomics of the Ergo arm rest to offer versatile adjustment options and maximum comfort. The aerodynamic and flexible design of the aero bar is topped off by Profile 50a extensions that offer a very comfortable 50° upward bend with a 7,5 mm angle. This allows for a neutral wrist angle during the ride with this triathlon aero bar. Moreover, the extension provides the possibility to fine tune the lever reach. Therefore, the Profile Sonic/Ergo/50a aero bar is an essential partner when racing against the time.
• Aero bar made from Profile Design FLYT system
• Material: Aluminium 6061 T6
• Adjustable Ergo arm rests
• Total tube length: approx. 395 mm
• Length adjustment over a range of approx. 100 mm
• Stack: 60 mm (with optional risers (product code 1904721) in steps of 5mm adjustable up to 70 mm)
• Reach: - 70 mm up to - 2.5 mm (in steps of 7.5 mm)
• Width of arm rests: 124 mm – 290 mm (in steps of 18,5 mm, for a distance between extensions of 100mm)
• Suitable for handlebar clamp Ø 31.8 mm
• Weight: approx. 559 g
The aero bar is designed for internal shift cable routing and prepared for internal cable routing of Shimano Di2 bar end shifters or brake/shift lever sets for bar ends.
Profile Design FLYT-System
With the FLYT system, Profile Design wants to simplify the process of fitting an aerobar to a rider. By using a combination of 3 brackets (Sonic, Supersonic and Subsonic), 3 armrests (Ergo, Boom (see below) and Race) and 3 extension options (35, 50 and 45/25), it offers 27 different combinations and more than 1000 adjustment options. This results in an uncomplicated basis for individual fit options - for hobby cyclists and professional bike fitters.
Please click on the button for more information and a graphical illustration.
The Boom arm rests are similar to the F-40 arm rests. All other arm rests of Profile's F series are also compatible, yet not part of the FLYT system. The same holds true for all carbon and aluminium extensions of the T and V series.
Components of the FLYT system:
• Profile Sonic Bracket Kit (product code 2281513)
• Profile Supersonic Bracket Kit (product code 2254079)
• Profile Subsonic Bracket Kit (product code 2281512)
• Profile Ergo Injected Armrest Set (product code 2281521)
• Profile Race Injected Armrest Set (product code 2281520)
• Profile F40 Armrest Set (product code 2254086)
• Profile Aluminium Extensions 35A (product code 2281504)
• Profile Aluminium Extensions 50A (product code 2281506)
• Profile Aluminium Extensions 45/25A (product code 2281505)
• Profile Carbon Extensions 35C (product code 2281508)
• Profile Carbon Extensions 50C (product code 2281509)
• Profile Carbon Extensions 45/25C (product code 2281510)