- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
The ZIPP 303 Firecrest™ front wheel embodies the search for the perfect all-round wheel using modern disc brakes. The result is one of the most versatile wheels that has proven itself in the toughest of competitions. It scores points with its fantastic aerodynamics and stiffness, as well as its simplicity, low weight, and of course excellent braking performance – all thanks to powerful disc brakes. Whether on a mountain or a flat plain, the 303 Firecrest™ Disc carbon front wheel is at its best wherever it goes.
For the 2021 model, ZIPP has given its beloved jack-of-all-trades a new look, with a larger inner rim width, simple tubeless compatibility, and a new hub.
The hand-made, high-end carbon rims from Indianapolis have a symmetric, 40 mm high Firecrest™ rim profile that is especially designed for the high demands of competitions and sports the redesigned ZIPP logo. Thanks to the ABLC™ dimples on the rim flanks, the wheel has excellent aerodynamic properties, as well as very high side wind stability (AeroBalance™).
It is tubeless-ready and has a inner rim width of 25 mm, so the ZIPP 303 Firecrest™ Disc can handle the modern trend towards wider road bike tyres, while also providing low rolling resistance, increased comfort, and improved grip when riding tubeless. The rim's shape also reduces drag and allows for a smoother transition between rim and tyre, giving aerodynamic efficiency a further boost. In addition, the wide rim dimensions make sure the tyre sits securely in the rim base, which is particularly noticeable when cornering at high speed. The middle of the wheel features the German-built ZIPP ZR1 front hub with an improved sealant and excellent bearings.
• Firecrest™ technology: The rim profile has rounded edges with a consistent width - this counteracts crosswinds and lets you control your wheel better.
• ABLC SawTooth™ technology (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): The many small nodes on the rim’s outer surface optimise the aerodynamic balance and improve crosswinds stability.
• Rim material: carbon (UD finish)
• Rim type: clincher
• Rim profile: hookless, symmetric
• Dimensions: 28" / 700C
• ETRTO: 25-622
• Rim width/height: approx. 30 mm / 40 mm
• Inner rim width: 25 mm
• Tubeless ready
• For Presta valve (Ø 6.5 mm)
• Max. tyre pressure: 5.03 bars (73 PSI)
• Spoke type: Sapim CX-Ray J-Bend aero spokes
• Number of spokes: 24
• Spoke pattern: 2-cross
• Spoke nipples: Sapim Secure Lock (aluminium)
• Hub type: ZR1
• Double sealed cartridge bearings
• Sealed, maintenance-free bearings – doesn’t require preload
• Brake disc mount: Center Lock
• Front hub spacing: 12 x 100 mm (thru axle)
• Maximum recommended rider’s weight: 113 kg
• Weight: approx. 613 g
In the box:
• 1x ZIPP 303 Firecrest™ Carbon Disc road front wheel 2021
- Freehub body:
- Tubeless ready:
- Material: carbon:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 12 x 100 mm