The CDX CenterTrack belt is the core of the Gates Carbon Drive system and impresses with high performance, smooth running and low maintenance. No more bouncing, squeaking or oil-covered chains; and since no lubrication is required, there are no grease spots either.
At that, the modern high-performance belt weighs less than a standard bike chain and features a weather-resistant polyurethane construction with very strong and stretch-free carbon belt fibres. To perfectly suit your style, the belt is available in black, blue and red.
• CDX version (high-end version for high loads and best performance)
• Intended use: mountain bikes, e-bikes (front, mid and rear drive motor) and touring bikes
• For mud, sand, snow and ice as well as for all road conditions
• Carbon fibre reinforced high-tech belt made from weather- and wear-resistant polyurethane (operating temperature of - 53°C to + 85°C)
• Cycling-specific tooth profile
• Groove in the centre (CenterTrack) and ribbed back
• High durability
• Gates CDX sprockets
• Gates CDX:EXP sprocket
• System Gates CDX
• Material: polyurethane, carbon, polyamide
• Tooth spacing: 11 mm
• Width: 12 mm
• 111 teeth (1221 mm belt length)
• 113 teeth (1243 mm belt length)
• 115 teeth (1265 mm belt length)
• 118 teeth (1298 mm belt length)
• 120 teeth (1320 mm belt length)
• 122 teeth (1342 mm belt length)
• 125 teeth (1375 mm belt length)
Please make your choice.
For a precise calculation of the required belt length you can use the Gates Carbon Drive Bicycle Calculator.
In the box:
• 1x Gates CDX CenterTrack belt
For the 400 ml Gates silicone spray for maintenance and care of your belt drive, please see product code: 2289245.
Proper belt tension is absolutely essential for optimal performance of the Gates Carbon Drive system.
To measure belt tension, we recommend you to use the Gates Eco Tension Tester (product code: 2289227).
Alternatively, you can measure the belt’s tension like a guitar hero with the Gates Carbon Drive Smartphone App (iOS / Android). Yet, this version is quite sensitive to the ambient noise level.
Gates tension recommendations (These tension recommendations are a good starting point, which may need to be adjusted higher or lower based on the rider size, gear ratio, and power placed on the pedals):
• Town and country – smooth and steady pedalling style: 40-60 Hz (35-45 lbs)
• Town and country – punchy and rough pedalling style: 60-75 Hz (45-53 lbs)
• Hub gears: 35-50 Hz (28-40 lbs)
• Tandem: 60-65 Hz (45-48 lbs)