- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
The Mavic Ksyrium S front wheel combines proven Mavic technologies and attractive design in a lightweight and robust wheel. Together with a noble finish, they make the aluminium wheel for classis rim brakes an intelligent upgrade for every ambitious road cyclist!
The Mavic Ksyrium S has a wider and lighter rim than its direct predecessor Ksyrium UST and, moreover, impresses with higher robustness and lateral stiffness.
Its performance is optimised with the help of Mavic Fore technology. Thanks to special Fore screw nipples, holes in the rim bed are not required here, which improves the strength and stiffness of the rim. In addition, the tubeless setup does not require any additional rim tape, saving a few grams of weight.
A revised shape of the rim base makes it easier to mount and remove the tyres, and in the tubeless construction Mavic's UST Tubeless technology not only improves rolling resistance and grip, but also reduces the risk of punctures at the same time. The Infinity hub platform also optimises stiffness and power transmission while improving spoke tension.
With its discreet design, the Mavic Ksyrium S front wheel not only rides fast, it also looks fast!
The matt lacquered front hub, the high-quality SUP-welded and almost invisible rim seam as well as deep black bladed spokes give the wheel a premium look that stands out from the crowd.
• Maxtal aluminium alloy: Light and strong – this special aluminium alloy offers a better strength-to-weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloys.
• UB Control (Usiné Brut Control): Precisely CNC-machined brake flanks improve braking efficiency and reduce unpleasant brake judder.
• SUP (Soudé Usiné Process): Particularly stable, arc-welded rim joint where the weld of the rim joint is perfectly flat milled for a seamless, smooth transition to achieve balanced rotation without brake vibrations.
• UST tubeless technology: The Mavic standard for tubeless tyres not only improves traction, comfort and rolling resistance, but also reduces the risk of tyre defects.
• Fore tapeless tubeless technology: With Mavic Fore Technology, the spokes are connected directly to the lower rim bridge with a special screw nipple in an incorporated threaded receptacle to increase the resistance of the rim. The closed rim bed remains intact as part of the tubeless system. This makes it easy to change spokes and saves the extra weight of the rim tape.
• QRM Auto (Qualité de Roulements Mavic Auto): Smooth-running, double-sealed and maintenance-free industrial bearings with high dimensional accuracy and self-adjusting bearing preload.
• Rim material: Maxtal aluminium
• Wheel size: 28" / 700C
• UST tubeless
• For rim brakes
• CNC machined aluminium rim flanges (UB Control)
• Rim width: approx. 22 mm
• Rim depth: approx. 22 mm
• Inner rim width: 19 mm
• ETRTO: 19 - 622
• For Presta valve
• Spokes: double butted flat spokes (straight pull)
• Number of spokes: 24 pcs
• Spoke pattern: radial
• Nipples: Fore aluminium nipples
• Hub type: Mavic Infinity Hub
• Hub material: aluminium hub body, aluminium axle
• Bearings: self-adjusting, sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
• Front hub spacing: 9 x 100 mm quick release
• Weight: approx. 675 g (without tyre)
• Recommended tyre width: 25 - 32 mm
• Recommended max. system weight: 120 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
• ASTM category 2: for on and off-road use with jumps up to 15 cm
In the box:
• 1 x Mavic Ksyrium S 28“/700C road front wheel
• 1 x Mavic BR601 quick-release skewer
• 1 x Mavic UST valve
Mavic UST wheels may also be used with inner tubes in the standard version.
Please make sure to fill the tyre with sufficient sealant before using the Mavic UST wheels tubeless!
- Material: carbon:
- Freehub body:
- Tubeless ready:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 5 x 100 mm