- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
The MTB and trekking winter shoes X CELSIUS ARCTIC GTX by Northwave impress with outstanding water and wind resistance, excellent breathability as well as comfort and warmth on cold winter days thanks to their GORE-TEX KOALA membrane.
An insulating insole, reinforced lining in the toe area and the soft EASYFIT CLIMAFLEX cuff round off the weather protection and comfort properties of these bike shoes.
The X CELSIUS ARCTIC GTX winter shoes are great all-rounders and just as suitable as All-Mountain MTB shoes as they are for e-biking or commuting.
• Wind- and waterproof winter bike shoes with GORE-TEX KOALA MEMBRANE
• Insulating and breathable all-rounder for e.g. MTB or E-BIKE
• EXPLORER sole for grip on almost all terrain
• EASYFIT CLIMAFLEX cuff with very elastic GORE-TEX RATTLER membrane and insulating neoprene
• Precise SLW3 SYSTEM CLOSURE for millimetre-precise adjustment, even with winter gloves on
• Insulating ARCTIC 4LAYER insole
• TPU toe box reinforcement
• Ergonomic heel shape for a close fit
• Pull tabs at the front and rear
• Seamless toe construction
• Reflective design elements
• Compatible with MTB pedal systems with cleats using SPD standard (2-bolt standard), such as: Shimano SPD, Time ATAC, CrankBrothers, CrankBrothers Race, Look MTB, Xtreme MTB, or Wellgo MTB. Also suitable for indoor trainers in the gym etc.
• Weight: approx. 1042 g (per pair, size EU 42)
• Cold protection: 3 (out of 5)
• Power transmission: 2 (out of 5)
• Rain cover: 5 (out of 5)
• Wind protection: 5 (out of 5)
• Grip: 4 (out of 5)
(manufacturer’s scale from 0 to 5, serves only for orientation within the Northwave’s MTB shoe range)
Insole with EVA + Aluminium and EVA + Pile for optimal insulation.
The EASYFIT CLIMAFLEX collar made from soft, insulating neoprene and a highly elastic membrane feels like a sock. Therefore, it offers very good mobility and extensive weather protection. Zero overlap and no Velcro straps, so that foot and ankle can move freely.
The EXPLORER sole was developed by Northwave in cooperation with MICHELIN with the aim to combine high XC performance with best walkability on any ground. The midsole offers just the right level of stiffness for best power transfer to the pedal, while the more flexible Medial Zone ensures excellent walkability. The tread inspired by MICHELIN and the outer shell are 100% made of MICHELIN rubber, which is more abrasion-resistant than TPU und guarantees the best grip in any weather.
The core of all GORE-TEX textiles is an extremely thin, permanently waterproof, windproof and breathable membrane. It has over 1.4 billion micropores per square centimetre. The pores of the GORE-TEX membrane are 700 times larger than a water vapour molecule so that moisture can easily escape. The volume of air that passes through one square metre of fabric in one second not more than 5.0 l/m²sec – which makes the membrane truly windproof. The microscopically small pores are approximately 20,000 times smaller than water droplets. Thus, the GORE-TEX membrane is absolutely waterproof.
When temperatures drop and only the toughest riders are still on the road, it’s time for the top models of Northwave’s shoe collection. Thanks to insulating fibres, the GORE-TEX KOALA membrane that is used for the Arctic versions of some Northwave shoes provides optimal protection from cold, which makes it suitable for tough winter weather. It perfectly protects from rain, wind and snow while being extremely breathable: for dry and warm feet! In addition, the outer fabric is easy to clean, e.g. after muddy rides.
The GORE-TEX RATTLER membrane comes with a robust nylon-Lycra outer fabric for high durability.
S.L.W.3 SYSTEM CLOSURE:
The speed lace system closure on the shoes provides perfect support and optimal fit for your feet, is functional and fast to use: Simply open and close the shoes with a flick of the wrist. A large dial allows for precise tensioning of the wires. The shoes can be fully opened at once or step by step.
For the best fit, ROSE recommends ordering the shoes one size larger.
The reflective elements attached to the clothing as design elements or decoration do not represent a personal protective equipment as mentioned in EU regulation 2016/425.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- Shoe features: