- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
POC OCTAL X MIPS Gravel Bike Helmet
Price incl. VAT plus €16.35 (for delivery to United States of America)
Product code: 232159201
Colour uranium black
The OCTAL X MIPS by POC is a lightweight, ideally ventilated gravel helmet that is your ideal companion both on and off the road. Here, POC uses a robust unibody PC outer shell, a tough EPS inner shell and the MIPS PROTECTION SYSTEM, making this helmet a bodyguard on your gravel adventures. In addition, the RECCO REFLECTO system will help the search and rescue team find you.
Thanks to a 360° fit system, the helmet allows for precise adjustments to perfectly fit your head. The number of vents has been reduced in favour of their size, ensuring optimal ventilation and aerodynamic efficiency.
• Lightweight gravel helmet with robust unibody polycarbonate outer shell
• Made with MIPS INTEGRA BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
• Shock-absorbing EPS inner shell for a low weight and good protection
• Inner shell with ARAMID BRIDGES for even more stability
• RECCO REFLECTO system for faster location in the event of an emergency
• Fewer, but larger vents for ideal cooling and aerodynamic efficiency
• Precisely adjustable 360° fitting system at the rear of the head
• POC Eye Garage consisting of two silicone pads in the front vents to comfortably store (sun)glasses while riding
• Adjustable strap system with buckle, integrated into the shell
• EN 1078, CPSE 12.03, AS/NZS 2063
• Weight: approx. 240 g (size M)
WHAT IS MIPS?
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a slip-plane system within the helmet. It is designed to rotate inside the helmet and thus slow down or reduce the impact energy acting on the brain, which helps reduce head injuries caused by rotational impacts.
WHY IS MIPS IMPORTANT?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration may cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. This stretching of the tissue caused by these motions may result in various types of brain injury. MIPS is designed with the intent to address rotational acceleration from impact.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
The RECCO reflector sends and receives radar signals to help first responders locate your position. This allows for fast rescue when crashing seriously in remote areas.
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 10668 1002
- Helmet features: