Price incl. VAT plus €20.45 (for delivery to United States of America)
With the AM Downieville Low shoes by VAUDE, no tour will be too tough. Their VD AM sole allows for particularly efficient power transfer to the pedal thanks to a nylon reinforcement. Besides, the tread is made from a sophisticated rubber compound, ensuring maximum traction on very slippery and wet grounds.
• Lightweight all-mountain cycling shoes
• Optimal walking comfort
• Dirt-resistant, robust polyurethane upper
• Lining made of 50% recycled polyester
• Stabilising Velcro strap for individual adjustments and increased stability inside the shoes
• Removable ORTHOLITE ECO PLUSH insole with reinforcements in the cleat area
• Stiff VD AM sole with FLOW INDEX 6, full-length nylon reinforcement and rubber compound made of SUPTRACTION T for perfect hold and durability
• External, protective toe box and heel cap made of robust and recyclable TPU for protection and support
• Bolt-on cleat cover made of rubber
• Compatible with MTB pedal systems with SPD standard (2-bolt standard), such as: Shimano SPD, Time ATAC, CrankBrothers, CrankBrothers Race, Look MTB, Xtreme MTB, Wellgo MTB. Also suitable for indoor trainers in the gym etc.
• Option of fitting flush mounting SPD clips to the sole
Upper: polyurethane and mesh
Sole: VD AM sole
Manufacturer’s ref.: 20466
Weight: approx. 800 g (per pair, size EU 42)
ORTHOLITE ECO PLUSH:
ORTHOLITE insoles are made of open-pore polyurethane foam. They are very breathable, durable and prevent the formation of fungi, bacteria and odours. The ECO PLUSG version contains 25% organic castor oil (the ecological alternative to petroleum-based products. The upper material of the sole consists of 50% recycled polyester. The soles used for these cycling shoes come with hardened PU foam in the cleat area for optimal power transfer. ORTHOLITE insoles are machine-washable. For their Eco soles, ORTHOLITE replaces petroleum-based polyurethane with polyurethane obtained from castor oil. This offers great advantages with regards to energy and resource consumption. Castor oil is a renewable, bio-based raw material. The oil gained from that plant is non-toxic and biodegradable.
VAUDE AM SOLE:
The dynamic tread pattern provides a larger contact area and good abrasion resistance. The bolt-on cover of the cleat system allows you to either ride with or without cleats. A nylon reinforcement ensures best power transfer to the pedal. The sole is convex for easy walking. Besides, it offers high shock absorption on midfoot and instep.
FLOW INDEX 6:
Different activities and terrains place different on the sole regarding its strength. V-Flow combines the shoes' cuff materials, fit and stability and provides an overview based on the V-Flow index to help you find out your personal preferences regarding intended use and comfort. The FLOW INDEX 6 offers a perfect fit and best protection, as well as maximum power transfer. Thus, it is perfect for riding on solid, natural grounds or hardened gravel paths, as well as on loose ground and rocky trails in Alpine terrain.
High-grip rubber compound for a modern tread that offers high traction on dry and wet conditions.
This VAUDE seal means that this product is completely made without PVC (polyvinylchloride). Looks like tarpaulin and is just as durable and waterproof, yet consists of polyurethane coated textile fabric instead of PVC. PVC often contains plasticizers (phthalates) that are suspected of having negative health impacts.
For the best fit, please go up one size.